Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

How to add hp??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

Default How to add hp??????

Im 17 years old, and am not a very good mechanic. I just got a new 07 GT and was wondering what modifications i should make to add some hp? any suggestions from anyone would be great thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How to add hp??????

Well first off, Welcome.

Second, Why did you post this in the Appearance Section?

Third, First thing you should do is get a Cold Air Intake (CAI) and a Tuner. This should add around 25HP.

Also, do you have an auto or a manual?

This is what I would do/have done...

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/airkittuner.html

Go with the C&L combo. You can contact Brenspeed, and they will set you up with some custom tunes for your car.

It's pretty east to install, you just have to have the right tools. Just some basic ones. The tuner is very easy to use. You just plug it in under the dash, and scroll up/down, select what Octane you want. Then hit OK. And you're done...

Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

okay ive been looking at cold air intakes. if i buy one can i take it to a shop for them to install?? if so, how much would the instalation cost? and also what does the tuner do?? one more question haha: what do you think about getting a muffle?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Do the CAI and tune yourself....its as easy as it gets.

use the search cause there are about 1000 threads on exhaust.

also thank you parents....
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 AM
MIKE562
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

Well first off, Welcome.

Second, Why did you post this in the Appearance Section?

Third, First thing you should do is get a Cold Air Intake (CAI) and a Tuner. This should add around 25HP.

Also, do you have an auto or a manual?

This is what I would do/have done...

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/airkittuner.html

Go with the C&L combo. You can contact Brenspeed, and they will set you up with some custom tunes for your car.

It's pretty east to install, you just have to have the right tools. Just some basic ones. The tuner is very easy to use. You just plug it in under the dash, and scroll up/down, select what Octane you want. Then hit OK. And you're done...

+1 the CAI and tune is one of the easiest "do-it-yourself' mod. If you can read directions then you can install the intake. Simple as that
Old 03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

No offense, but in all honesty at 17, you should focus a lil more on your driving before you start throwing performance parts in. I made the mistake of having a 1977 corvette stingrayas my first car, and it was not a very friendly drive. It took a lot of time to learn how to handle the power. However, if you already know how to pull your car out of a fishtail/spin without dangering anyone else on the road, then a few mods aren't so bad.... Intake/exhaust will give you the best gains for your $$.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

First... WELCOME! You'll learn a lot by looking around and reading the stickys. The CAI/tune is a great start for anybody. But since you asked your question in the Apperance section realtive to what mods will make more HP, there's only one answer..... STICKERS![sm=burnout.gif]
Old 03-02-2007, 03:12 AM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

A fresh coat of wax for more top end!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

C&L CAI with a tune, i dont even remember who i bought mine from. one of the big two
Old 03-05-2007, 04:25 AM
3rdgearpull

The first thing i would do is go to rpm outlet they got good deals on mods... i would get a cai, diablo tunner, charge motion plates, lakewood adj lowers to eliminate wheelhop cause it can cause tanny and rearend problems easy, trust me when i was 17 i had a 99 and whill hop killed my tranny, i just got a feeling you will be doing a lot of burnouts. plus lakewoods are cheaper but have great quality, then i would go with a full off road exhaust, 4.10 gears, hurst shifter, and then maybe some underdrive pulleys if you want, they would be my last mild bolt on. After these bolt ons you should be well on your way to running some good times like 13.6 @ 101 after you get your driving skills up to par, plus that's about 50 more ponies to the wheels on a good cool night.

Quick Reply: How to add hp??????