Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

HIDs and fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Default RE: HIDs and fog lights

Buy the 8000K headlight HIDs from stangmods.com and then buy the luminics yellow fog light bulbs i think you can also get them at stang mods or i know for sure on ebay. Problems solved you get the bright headlights you wanted and the yellow fogs you wanted!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

i say 4000k because he said he wanted white, but obviously the others are good too
Old 10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

"...I want brighter and white lights in the headlights and fogs..."

Kids...

Fogs should not be brighter OR whiter... If you want driving lights, then go that route. Fog lights should typically be no more than 55 watts, towards the warm side of the spectrum (yeah, yellow) and with a short wide throwto befunctional. If you want to look like something from CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, then be my guest. But I'll be using your lamps for target practice if you have all that crap blazing in MY rearview.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
LT1_Hawk
1st Gear Member

wow, i just realized the bulbs there are h13 or 9008 (same thing)...my dakota is 9008. i can get my hid kit there and save some money, and the kit sounds more user friendly than the kits i have been lookin at for my dakota. however, i have 1 question on the kits sold at stangmods.com.....it says "single beam" so i assume they are just a low beam kit and not high/low kits, am i correct?

edit
just realized my fogs are the same part number too! who would have known?

edit 2
down the page, i found the link for the bixenon kit...nvm above post. this site has cheaper kits than the other sites ive found, and the kits seem very user friendly. i believe i will be purchasing a kit from them instead. how is their quality, not just of lighting, but the quality of the manufactured pieces that come with the kit?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Kids...

Fogs should not be brighter OR whiter... If you want driving lights, then go that route. Fog lights should typically be no more than 55 watts, towards the warm side of the spectrum (yeah, yellow) and with a short wide throwto befunctional. If you want to look like something from CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, then be my guest. But I'll be using your lamps for target practice if you have all that crap blazing in MY rearview.
Well then I'm going to convert my fogs to driving lights.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bmr4life

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Kids...

Well then I'm going to convert my fogs to driving lights.
LOL! Then I'll see YOU in my crosshairs! [sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 10-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Has anyone put yellow incadescent bulbs in their fog lights yet?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:54 AM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

First off...the front of the cars will look ABSOLUTELY terrible if you put fog lights in all four...and like stated above...you wont be able to use all four, it will be blinding...

The foglights on these cars are ugly enough..and now you want to make them yellow? or HID so they stick out even more??

Get rid of the foglights and put in a HID kit in the headlights...looks much cleaner...
Old 10-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shooter23

First off...the front of the cars will look ABSOLUTELY terrible if you put fog lights in all four...and like stated above...you wont be able to use all four, it will be blinding...

The foglights on these cars are ugly enough..and now you want to make them yellow? or HID so they stick out even more??

Get rid of the foglights and put in a HID kit in the headlights...looks much cleaner...
Great TC.

Now back to the topic at hand.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 AM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Back to the topic...??

Thats what I was talking about...but its ok...i guess if your stuck on making your foglights yellow...your just not going to get what I was trying to say...cause clearly you have no taste in whats going to look good...or in your case...terrible...

but all the luck to ya!

Quick Reply: HIDs and fog lights