Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

I Wrecked My Car!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I Wrecked My Car!!!!!!!

Sorry bout your loss, but good opportunity for mods...

OT - is your garage carpeted?!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Ouch...looks like you fishtailed into a curb...what the heck happened there...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

You cant leave us hanging without a story! Fill us in! Glad you are okay though
Old 10-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Im so sorry about your Stang. Hope she gets
all fixed up real quick!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

ouch dude tell the insureance company you need new a rim or rims also lol
Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Looks like he slid the back end into something. Young driver?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:25 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear that!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

sorry, i was in a hurry when i made the first post. didn't mean to leave you guys hanging.

i was on a side street pulling onto University Ave., for those of you who know CS), for those that don't know, it has 3 lanes in each direction and a center turn lane. anyway, i was turning left and there was a large commercial truck on the same street as me, but across University turning right (so we were both trying to go the same way). after 5 minutes, i finally got a break in traffic and waited for the truck to go since he had the right of way. he didn't go so i waited a solid 5 seconds just to make sure. he didn't go so i pulled out and right when i got to where the front of my car was barely into the center lane, he pulled out and a wide right taking up all 3 lanes to turn so i had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting him. there were cars coming from my left and by the time he moved so i could pull up there was only enough time to move the point of impact from my driver door to my rear wheel. i got hit by a guy in a cavalier in the far left lane. there was noone in the lanes to his right so he could have just changed lanes and missed me, but instead he slammed on his non-ABS brakes and locked up and slid into me. i'm also pretty sure he was speeding, but the truck never stopped and noone stopped to be a witness so i can't prove that he could have taken evasive action or if he was speeding. so i got a citation for "failure to yield" which is a load of BS since me yielding is what caused the wreck in the first place and my agency had to take 100% fault. his car only has a scratched up bumper.

i just got back from getting the estimate. $5500. they have to replace the quarter panel, rear bumber cover, rear absorber, wheel, rotor, caliper, axle, wheel housing, trunk pan, rear brake light, rear marker light... basically everything in the back left corner of the car. i got lucky and the frame and unibody are perfectly fine, the damage went all the way to within an inch of the unibody, but didn't get there. the trunk, bumper cover, quarter panel, and door are all going to be painted so it blends. he couldn't find my stripes anywhere because they're custom from the previous owner so i told him to just get one of his guys redo the vinyls on both sides exactly the same, but without the R1 cut out. he said he was gonna send my wheel to get rebuilt because the rims i have are discontinued. is that a good idea or should i try to just get new rims all together? i forgot to ask on the CS rear cover. i also wanted to get the spoiler taken off so that i could put on a duck tail, but he said that a lot of times when the spoiler gets removed the filled holes end up showing through the paint.

also, my dad talked to our insurance agency (i'm 18) and he was told that best case scenario our insurance will double to $600 a month and that's if they'll even carry us any more. we might have to switch to a high risk agency which will put it up to $800-900 a month. i think it's BS for it to go up that much considerng i got my license on my 16th birthday and this my first incident at all. before this i had not been in any wrecks, never gotten a ticket, never even been pulled over. and neither one of my parents havn't had anything for over 3 years so i think that it's kind of ridiculous for it to jump THAT much after one wreck in that amount of time. i could understand $400, even $500 (ours is $300 right now with a $1250 deductible), but for them to say they might not even carry us pisses me off a lot.

any ideas on things to get done, etc. just let me know, i'll keep you guys posted. again, sorry to keep you guys hanging, i've had one hell of a week. the wreck happened 45 minutes before an exam and then i had to go back home to get my truck while my car is in the shop over the weekend, plus write a paper, do a lab report for 3 labs, and take 3 more tests this week and there were department presentations for the enginering school all week that i had to attend on top of everything else.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Owwwwww.....
Old 10-11-2007, 11:44 AM
kevstang07GT
1st Gear Member

damn that sucks *****.
good luck with everything dude.
Really hope it ends well.