Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

V6 Trim Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Default V6 Trim Question

Hey everyone...Again LOL for my fellow 6'ers.... I was noticing this and have been curious about it for a while. I noticed that there is like a different trim on the sides of my doors than on other V6ers. I wanted to know if there is anyone else that has this cuz again I havent seen it. Also is there a way of takin it off myself? You know....in case I wanted to go that route

Heres a pic:

Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Trim Question

ive never seen that stripe.... looks pretty sweet tho.. you can take them off yourself.. i just did mine today... it just takes a little patience .. i found a credit card or something like it helped to get the edges up then SLOWLY peel off
Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Are you talking about the door bump stripe? Or your rocker 'Mustang' stripe? Either one are easily removed. Hair dryer for the vinyl and peel it off. Fishing line and hair dryerto saw the 3M tape on the door bump stripe off then for either use alcohol or some kind of adhesive remover for any residue left.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

and yes i was talking about the mustang stripe.. sorry for any confusion

Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Lose them both![8D]

Only stripes that should ever be on a white car are black ones.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:22 PM
sushimandan
1st Gear Member

if you're talking about the bump trim that usually means it was a rental car. and if you're talking about the "mustang" stripe at the bottom yours is the normal stripe, the other one you see v6ers have is the pony package stripe.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Yea I was talkin about the bump trim.... I'm thinking about getting rid of it but, IDK I think I've taken a liking to it. As for the 'Mustang' rocker stripe. Thats definetly a keeper cause I have the matching color stripes runnin down the whole carThanks a bunch!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Yes the bump strip for door dig guard is a Fleet option day time running lights are a Fleet option so if a large Company like a rental Co. orders a large amount of cars this is one of the options offered. It keeps your door from getting dinged but SHOUTS I WAS A RENTAL CAR take it off your car will look a lot better Silver and white look very good together. Keep the vinyl I like it
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys. The rockers are gonna be a for sure thing. They're gonna stay, I think I'll be getting rid of that bump strip though. Probably by the end of this week, hell maybe even tomorrow! So all I need is fishing line and a blow dryer?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Get some Painters tape at auto zone tape off on each side of the bump that way you protect the paint as you saw through the tape just in case. Heat the area up with the hair dryer softens up the 3m tape. The 3M tape is hard to clean off. Isopropyl Alcohol or the Auto store will sell a product too to remove 3M tap areas after you remove it. I think some have said Goo-be-gone works too.

Quick Reply: V6 Trim Question