Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

it's official

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

Default it's official

I got the "mod bug"
first I put the pony emblems
then window tint
last weekend: pony package grille/fog lights
As soon as my partgets here: new muffler

LOL!
as soon as I have more money: new wheels

anyone here have this
http://flowmasterdirect.com/product....t=0&page=8

I ordered it today...

oh I was also thinking about window louvers OH AND the painted rocker panels...I hate the plastic ones that come on the V6. oh AND painted mirrors. then I think I'm done. at least with appearance.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: it's official

haha, it was only a matter of time.[8D]

you should try to sell or trade the rockers to a GT500 cloner.. (I did..)

Sorry to say you wont get much for the wheels though.. mine are just sitting in my garage with only 1000 miles on them tops.. I'll save em for something.. (I was gonna say "save em for a rainy day," but they kinda suck in the rain.. haha)
Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ps. you won't be sorry if you go 18" wheels.. but its your choice..
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

GT 500 cloner? hm might look into that. what kind of wheels did you used to have?
mine only have 1500 miles on them so when I get new wheels my old ones will be sitting in the garage as well.but if I go and get 18" wheels I'll need to get different tires. right now it's sitting on 16's. I HATE my wheels, I can't wait to change 'em out. I like the 18" polished aluminum ones, they look sharp
Old 03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluest@ng

GT 500 cloner? hm might look into that. what kind of wheels did you used to have?
mine only have 1500 miles on them so when I get new wheels my old ones will be sitting in the garage as well.but if I go and get 18" wheels I'll need to get different tires. right now it's sitting on 16's. I HATE my wheels, I can't wait to change 'em out. I like the 18" polished aluminum ones, they look sharp
ya, a guy near me (Larmo) was doing a GT500 conversion and needed rockers, so we traded some parts (H pipe & mufflers for the rockers and $)

The cost of a tire (depending on the offset) for an 18" wheel is now $73
(at least for my OEM ones on tirerack.com)

I used to have the same ones you did, 16 machined.

thanks for the compliment, my only complaint is the fronts sit way too close to the calipers.. gotta put in spacers one of these days..
Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

sounds like a good trade.

I'll check tirerack.com $73 isn't a bad price.

blah!I hate machined... ford screwed up when they put those wheels on. [:'(]
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ya they def screwed up.. but at least I get a fun weekend project for painting if I ever get super bored. (I'll try my hand at painting them black..)

if you search under tire sizes 235/50 18 you have to scroll down a few,
but they are there for $73.

I would buy some now, but I have decent tread and I am getting nitrous next week so I'm using my money for that.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu
I am getting nitrous next week so I'm using my money for that.
And here I was thinking you would let me catch up to you in the mod bug.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
bluest@ng
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

I would buy some now, but I have decent tread and I am getting nitrous next week so I'm using my money for that.
nitrous? wow. how much does nitrous cost? I never researched that because what I have now is quite capable of getting myself a big fat ticket and mine is all stock I've already got 2 tickets so far (not in the stang though, in a different car that I call the "beater") cops love to pull me over. hopefully since I'm dating one I'll get the "girlfriend discount".

I let my bf drive my car the other day (it has 1500 miles or so on it) and he brought it back and asked "you haven't got on it at all have you?" he said he got on it and still smelled the newness of the engine burning off... LOL I said hell no I haven't got on it, unless of course I want a big fat ticket. one more ticket and i gotta sell the car cuz I can't afford the insurance and a payment. LOL! so I'm being careful, last thing I need is nitrous. course maybe it will help me get away faster... [8D]
Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmsmith

And here I was thinking you would let me catch up to you in the mod bug.
haha, I'm testing your endurance to keep up [8D]

ORIGINAL: bluest@ng
nitrous? wow. how much does nitrous cost?

Well I found a guy about 20 minutes away from me that will sell the me stuff and set it all up for like $650.. That's for the N20 bottle, the purge kit, 14' nitrous line, bottle heater, and gauges.. I figure its worth having since I won't being going F/I soon (wayy too much money)

I still need to buy a couple things for it, like a remote bottle opener (so I dont have to go into my trunk to open the bottle), a window switch (to make sure I dont activate the armed nos in first gear.. I need traction before it kicks in..), and I need a cool looking panel to put all the switches on.. I'm looking into an Speed Of Sound cupholder plate..

My budget is like a grand.. we'll see if it goes far enough..

As for using nos, its not like I'll use it everyday, and I am not a fast and the furious racer who goes on empty roads.. so we'll see what happens.. I know its Nos, so people automatically think its illegal and stuff, but there are cars with 300+ horsepower out there with no nos.. and they are legal.. so whats the big deal?

Quick Reply: it's official