Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Dash panel replacements

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Default Dash panel replacements

My interior is black, with striped silver panels all around the dash. IMO it looks like ****, being the doors are completely black, etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows a place that sells replacements that are all black to match the rest of the interior. Is this an OEM part or will I have to go aftermarket? I don't mind either way. Also, if anyone has done this before, how hard was it?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dash panel replacementser

I know the silver dash parts are an upgrade, has anyone just removed them? If under the panels looks good, I think I'm going to do it. If anything I guess I can paint the silver panels black and reapply them.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:32 AM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joshetc

I know the silver dash parts are an upgrade, has anyone just removed them? If under the panels looks good, I think I'm going to do it. If anything I guess I can paint the silver panels black and reapply them.
I got mine with fake carbon fiber instead of the shiny aluminum so I know its available... Check with your dealer parts department... It's just a couple pieces so it should be too pricey...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:53 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Awesome, so it should be in the Ford parts inventory? When I take mine off and buy new ones I'm probably going to keep the old ones and see if there is something cool I can do with them. I wouldn't mind having them painted a nice black with something custom painted in a few spots. I'll talk to my dads friend that works at the local dealership and see if he can hook me up.

Edit: Do you have any pics of your dash? I'd like to see how the fake carbon fiber looks.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:11 AM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

I to want to replace the silver part of the dash that came with my IUP, I wanted a black dash but settled for the IUP. I have been looking for the part numbers to replace all the silver panels and vents with black ones but I have had no luck. I found want I think is the right parts at fordpartswebsite.com. But I am not 100% sure so I don't want to order the wrong ones and have to send them back, so if anyone could help me out with the part numbers that would be much appreciated, I would try the dealership but sad to say they are idiots. Or if anyone lives near SW Iowa and would like to trade there black dash for my aluminish one (which is in great condition) that would be good too.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CBSTANG

I to want to replace the silver part of the dash that came with my IUP, I wanted a black dash but settled for the IUP. I have been looking for the part numbers to replace all the silver panels and vents with black ones but I have had no luck. I found want I think is the right parts at fordpartswebsite.com. But I am not 100% sure so I don't want to order the wrong ones and have to send them back, so if anyone could help me out with the part numbers that would be much appreciated, I would try the dealership but sad to say they are idiots. Or if anyone lives near SW Iowa and would like to trade there black dash for my aluminish one (which is in great condition) that would be good too.
I'll send a PM your way when I talk to my dad's friend. In my old v6, I had to have one of the AC vents replaced under warrantee, and I saw the parts slip, ford paid like $22 for one vent. It was rediculous..hopefully they have either come down or I can find aftermarket.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:59 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, that would be great if you could help me out like that,I really appreciate it!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:10 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

I was messing around with my dash today. I took out the AC vents and tried to remove the panels but had no luck. I did notice that the film that constitutes the IUP is VERY thin. It almost looks like it could easily be scraped off (not going to try) IMO the easiest way, regardless of cost to change the color of the panel is with a film similar to the one that was already used. Then you'd just have to buy replacement A/C vents (if you open the vent and pull on the inside with one hand while pulling on the "chrome" on the outside, they slide right out) You could probably paint the vents too, which I may just do instead. Now I've just got to look around for a good dash kit that isn't too expensive. If it wasn't so hard to get the panels off, I would just remove all of them and paint them, instead. Maybe someone here knows how to remove the dash, I didn't want to mess with it too much on account of me having to put it back together, anyway.