Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervinis Duck Tail or Roush Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM
canadianhick77

Default RE: Cervinis Duck Tail or Roush Spoiler?

[hr]The Ducktail gives the car a more classic look, the Roush more modern. I prefer the Cervini's spoiler much more unless the car has the full Roush body kit. The Ducktail looks good on it's own.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 PM
stangNV

i have the roush wing and louvers and i love them both....i saw the cervinis when i went to the car show and it goes up about 5" its to TALL!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Ok ok how about spoiler delete!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: mandoq

u own a bodyshop right, how much would u charge to fill in the holes left by the roush spoiler in the quarter panels and trunk holes ? im thinking about removing the spoiler to install the sreet scene ducktail spoiler ?I only drill 2 holes on each side instead of 4 like the instrcutions says?
ORIGINAL: pascal

Screw that! No pun intended.

You don't have to drill your quarter panels for those end pieces.
I installed a few of those now and I never drilled in those quarters.

I just shave the stud at the very end (with a cut off wheel) and use the 3M tape all the way around.
No customer of mine has ever came back to me, with a missing piece.

Not cheap budd...
You're looking at about a Grand to go back to smooth.
The quarter panels have to be clear coated all the way to the roof line and finish by the windshield

I really stress the point to my customer that you don't need to drill those end pieces because if you ever have to convert, you're stuck with a stiff bill.

In your case, if you didn't drill the holes at the pointy ends of the Roush pieces, the Street Scene duck tail will cover the other ones.
You're left with the trunk holes, so it's a lot cheaper to weld those only.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
jonnystang08
1st Gear Member

LOL it's 50/50.....someone rigged it! lol....just makes it harder to decide...i love both wings.

the deciding factor i think is going to be april 18th...yeah i won't even have the car yet...

but Cervinis is going to be at a carshow in English Town New Jersey....if i can pick the parts up and save on shipping...thats 120bucks for truck freight in my pocket...i am going that route, buying a hood from cervinis if your wondering why i say truck freight. then i can save the 20 bucks shipping for the wing.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Yep, its still 50/50 so no spoiler at all!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 PM
jonnystang08
1st Gear Member

lol no spoiler it is!...so then i will buy something for the performance! lol....prob just wind up buying the first spoiler i see <between these two>. thanks for your incite everyone! it is much appreciated. i will keep you all up to date with pics when i finally do everthing. prob have the car buy may and completed body mods by mid june if all goes as planned. who knows though... trying to get into the police academy out here so my wallet may go elsewhere!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

I like the cervini's
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Kara
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jonnystang08

lol no spoiler it is!...so then i will buy something for the performance! lol....prob just wind up buying the first spoiler i see <between these two>. thanks for your incite everyone! it is much appreciated. i will keep you all up to date with pics when i finally do everthing. prob have the car buy may and completed body mods by mid june if all goes as planned. who knows though... trying to get into the police academy out here so my wallet may go elsewhere!
Goodluck! My brother went into police academy FINISHED and decided it wasnt right for him. DORK! Anywho now the cervinis is winning[8D]
Old 04-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Rebel73

I say Roush. I think the Ducktails give our Stangs a big ***. That's why I went with a GT500 style myself. I prefer the swept back look.

Quick Reply: Cervinis Duck Tail or Roush Spoiler?