Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Powered By Ford Fender Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
flogduh
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Powered By Ford Fender Emblem

ORIGINAL: mjgeronimo

I really find it hard to believe that Ford is putting them on anything. I bought a pair on ebay for $275. I really wanted them and way overpaid. They are a Shelby only item and only can be ordered thru Shelby with a Shelby GT VIN number. Good luck,they are so much nicer then the oversized GT logo!
In addition, the ones on the link in the response above me are small and cheesy!
Guys - the ones from PartCheap are Scott Drake, and they're not plastic. Unless you have them, you're only speculating on the size and quality. How do I know? I have a pair and they're now on my 07 GT fenders. They may not be exactly identical to the Shelby plate but who wants to put a Shelby emblem on a GT?

Dan
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 AM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

Scott Drake on my car...

[IMG]local://upfiles/76336/C047E5B9C915401AAD970ABE2E1DE113.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/76336/BF27C2CC75DE48468E07B438A26BAF57.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flogduh

I really find it hard to believe that Ford is putting them on anything. I bought a pair on ebay for $275. I really wanted them and way overpaid. They are a Shelby only item and only can be ordered thru Shelby with a Shelby GT VIN number. Good luck,they are so much nicer then the oversized GT logo!
In addition, the ones on the link in the response above me are small and cheesy!
Guys - the ones from PartCheap are Scott Drake, and they're not plastic. Unless you have them, you're only speculating on the size and quality. How do I know? I have a pair and they're now on my 07 GT fenders. They may not be exactly identical to the Shelby plate but who wants to put a Shelby emblem on a GT?

Dan
The emblem doesn't say Shelby anywhere on it. I like it because my car IS powered by a Ford motor and they look better than the GT emblem. I would not want them if theyhad Shelby on them.

Anyway, I saw them on a brand new black V6 in the Ford new car display area at the Barrett-Jackson auction this past weekend (see pic in my earlier post), so they must not be a Shelby-only emblem.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
flogduh
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdmcbride

ORIGINAL: flogduh

Dan
The emblem doesn't say Shelby anywhere on it. I like it because my car IS powered by a Ford motor and they look better than the GT emblem. I would not want them if theyhad Shelby on them.

Anyway, I saw them on a brand new black V6 in the Ford new car display area at the Barrett-Jackson auction this past weekend (see pic in my earlier post), so they must not be a Shelby-only emblem.
I agree, they do look great, that's why I have them on my 07 GT fenders. When I mentioned the Shelby only emblem, I was referring to the earlier post which called out a Shelby reference.I took this to mean those emblems has a SHelby reference, in addition to the fact the OP indicated you needed to provide a Shelby SN to order.

I bought my two Scott Drake "Powered by Ford" emblems from PartsCheap.com. I'm very pleased with the quality and the look.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:05 PM
06legend
1st Gear Member

I called Ford Racing and they said there was only three ways to purchase them. One, if your Shelby GT had them stolen in which case you must have the Vin # and a copy of the police report, two, have been in an accident and have a body shop accident/insurance report and a police report, three, another way which I have forgotten. The customer rep. said they did this to prevent people from cloning the Shelby GT and using the emblems.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:46 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

There is actually a fourth way. You call a custom emblem shop and have them make you a couple pairs. Then you sell one pair on ebay to cover your cost. Don't tell Ford.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:05 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/po...0fordQ20emblem

the shelby ones are bidding for $465. are you kidding me or what. thats ridiculous. i just ordered some other badges, not the shelby ones. but i got mine for $11 for a pair. i'll post pics when they get here.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Emblem Update:

I have a neighbor that works for a jewelery manufacturer that says he can make anything.His companyworks with mostly platinum and titanium, but hasworked with aluminum.

I asked him about making some "Powered by Ford" emblems. He said that the emblems would be expensive to make, but if he had several orders for a similar set of emblems, the cost would come down significantly.

I am thinking about designing an emblem (including the guide pins) to replace the "GT" emblems. Would anyone else be interested in a set? I don't have any cost estimates, but he said he would work up a price for 100 emblems and let me know.