Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Powered By Ford Fender Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default Powered By Ford Fender Emblem

I know that the Powered By Ford emblem is supposed to be exclusiveto Shelby. I have been trying to find these emblems for my car for a while now. Then today, at the Barrett-Jackson auction, I see a brand new V6 Mustang with a new appearance package that has these great looking Powered by Ford fender emblems. I asked a rep if these emblems were available, but the rep wasn't sure and gave me a Ford Racing Catalog - not in it.

Why are these emblems so hard to find? It doesn't say Shelby on it, but it does have the blue Ford oval on it. What gives?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Powered By Ford Fender Emblem

http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm

first item listed
Old 03-30-2008, 07:25 AM
mjgeronimo

I really find it hard to believe that Ford is putting them on anything. I bought a pair on ebay for $275. I really wanted them and way overpaid. They are a Shelby only item and only can be ordered thru Shelby with a Shelby GT VIN number. Good luck,they are so much nicer then the oversized GT logo!
In addition, the ones on the link in the response above me are small and cheesy!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:12 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjgeronimo

I really find it hard to believe that Ford is putting them on anything. I bought a pair on ebay for $275. I really wanted them and way overpaid. They are a Shelby only item and only can be ordered thru Shelby with a Shelby GT VIN number. Good luck,they are so much nicer then the oversized GT logo!
In addition, the ones on the link in the response above me are small and cheesy!
I agree that the one in the link is cheesy. I took a picture with my cell phone so excuse the photographic quality...

This is the one I want! It looked great on the black V6 Mustang.

[IMG]local://upfiles/57931/BBA0964913164EBD86083BDA1E74FAC4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-30-2008, 10:26 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I think it's crazy to spend the kind of money people are throwing at these things. They're pieces of plastic for God's sake. At least this set is billet aluminum and looks identical to the cheapo plastic item. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Those are sweet BoidMorphs.Thanks for the link.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I like those, but I would like to see how much they sell for before making my mind up. I don't mind the GT emblem, but the Powered by Ford emblems look cool!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:55 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I think they look cool too! BTW, the link I provided is for only ONE badge, NOT a pair. If you read the fine print, another one is available at the winning bid price. The seller does one at a time on Ebay and they go for a lot. I'd love to see Scott Drake make these in billet aluminum at a reasonable price. They'd sell a ton of them.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:55 AM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

I have the Scott Drake one on my dash board. I might be wrong but by the weightI don't think it's plastic. It seems to be a metal base that is chrome plated with a stamped aluminum Powered by Ford insert that is probably glued to the base. The insert does seem to be a little buckely though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13839/93360215C4334FCB9DFC7698E9C7DDBC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

I think it's crazy to spend the kind of money people are throwing at these things. They're pieces of plastic for God's sake. At least this set is billet aluminum and looks identical to the cheapo plastic item. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI
the original shelby emblems are not plastic. they're solid billet.

Quick Reply: Powered By Ford Fender Emblem