Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Front Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default Front Turn Signals

Alright, so I think my next mod to the Mustang will be front turn signals. Before I pulled the trigger, I wanted to ask a few question and get a few opinions. The opinions first.

Should I got with the smoked turn signals or the black turn signals? Any pictures would be EXCELLENT! I have thought about this over and over and over. I think the darker looks better on a black Mustang, so thats the look I'm going for.

Smoked Turn Signals: http://www.stangmods.com/Smoked-Turn...00622-smkd.htm

Black Turn Signals: http://www.stangmods.com/Black-Turn-.../00622-blk.htm

Is the only difference between the black and smoked is that the inside of the black turn signals are.... well.... black?

And a few questions: [ul][*]Which bulbs do I need?[*]Do I need more than one? (aside from the opposite side)[*]Has anyone ordered from silverbulbs.com? How is the service and shipping?[/ul]
Thank you for reading and any help is appreciated! Like I said, I've thought long and hard about if I want to do this, and I think I'm ready to try it. Just wondering other peoples opinions. Thanks again.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
BlackStang64

Default RE: Front Turn Signals

Get clear front turn signals. They look great on black mustangs. I have some myself but my camera isnt working so i cant take any pictures.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

I bought clear turn signals from americanmuscle.com for my black mustang.

They also have pictures.

I'd go with clear, not smoked or black. For your car.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Really?

I think I like the way the smoked ones look because they sort of match the head lights..

As far as bulbs go, what all do I need?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I went with the smoked and I think they look great they match up with the look of the headlights just like you said...you are right about the black ones having a black backing to them but IMO the smoked looked the best there is a picture of mine...bulbs if you want you can keep the stock ones but if you want them to glow orange then get a set of the 3157 and 194 chrome/amber bulbs. Stangmods has both but other people have found better prices but if going to order the signals from stangmods might as well get them there and only paying shipping once. Heres the pic I promised and feel free to ask more questions.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:57 PM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

+10 for clear!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xyster

+10 for clear!
agreed. i vote for clear too. looks amazing on a dark colored stang (ie black and tungsten).
Old 04-06-2008, 12:51 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

what ever you end up buying - GO eBAY!!!! same quality for 1/2 the price. i got a set of front and rear clears for 50.00

the seller that i bought them from:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Kazesp...533612QQsofpZ0

the bulbs look better if you get the stealth bulbs. go to http://www.xenonmods.com/and click on chrome bulbs.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Rake

First of all, that's a great looking Pony you got there.

I don't own yet but I'm planning to go the clear-signal route. For others who think they might like that, here's a link to a before/after post by Mr L that shows the clears (lots of photos in that so if you have a thin pipe be warned)

https://mustangforums.com/m_4845844/tm.htm

As for smoked/black it's hard to tell without a photo--the smoked look okay to me but we haven't seen a black yet.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:30 PM
jake3

i have the smoked on my black 08 ... they kind of look pink from certain sides ... up front with the sun hitting em they look awesome ... but from the side a bit they look pink ,, dunno why ... i have orange turn bulbs for the bulb that blinks and the other smaller ones are clear ... no pics ... . . they have theyre moments of looking bad *** but look off sometimes ... i might just get a lightly smoked over lay to darken em up a bit more to get rid of the pinkish

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signals