Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Rocker Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:09 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rocker Stripes

Oh man, I am soooooo torn between the two. I have rocker stripes and I really like them. My car is black with 2 white stripes over the top and white rocker stripes. I was worried what it might look like with only the top 2 stripes. Because, I might get rid of my rocker stripes someday, but I don't think that I will ever get rid of my top stripes! I was glad to see so-cali's car both ways because it really gave me some good ideas about what my car would look like. So this what I think I'm going to do. I'm going to keep my rocker stripes untill I'm totally sick of them. Then, I'll go without for a while. Then, I think I'll go with "other". If I really had to choose, I think "other" might be my choice. However on a black car the type of"other" rockers might be a real tough choice.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ptkthekid

Oh man, I am soooooo torn between the two. I have rocker stripes and I really like them. My car is black with 2 white stripes over the top and white rocker stripes. I was worried what it might look like with only the top 2 stripes. Because, I might get rid of my rocker stripes someday, but I don't think that I will ever get rid of my top stripes! I was glad to see so-cali's car both ways because it really gave me some good ideas about what my car would look like. So this what I think I'm going to do. I'm going to keep my rocker stripes untill I'm totally sick of them. Then, I'll go without for a while. Then, I think I'll go with "other". If I really had to choose, I think "other" might be my choice. However on a black car the type of"other" rockers might be a real tough choice.
Why dont you go to the Chop Shop and have someone photoshop your car without the rockers so you can get a feel of how it would look like? Maybe you dont have to wait til' you're sick of them LOL
Old 05-12-2008, 01:26 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Just paint your mirrors and sideskirts and lower it. You will be suprised how much different/better it will look.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

less is more.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Yea I aint planning on going insane with the exterior of my car, IMO I think it looks extremely nice how it is, subtlties such as painting my mirrors will make it stand out without doing much to it such as adding GT appearancestuff.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Since you have the racing stripes, either way looks fine. ;-)

If you didn't have the racing stripes I would say to take them off...JMO
Old 05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Superman6TNine
1st Gear Member

+1

rip em off dude

ull thank us later[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 05-12-2008, 02:47 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Soon as I get the Louvers I want, I'ma rip them suckers off! It does look much cleaner without them...
Old 05-13-2008, 12:24 AM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

i sort of like the black rocker stripes on a white Mustang (like mine), but without the "Mustang" text - i.e.: just change it out to two plain stripes. see if your friend can photoshop that to see how it looks.
i bought a heat gun tonight, to totally remove my stripes and the door bumper guard, perhaps this weekend (i agree with the "less is more" comment - i am a minimalist at heart). but would be interested to see what two stripes look like...

nice rims, grilles and body stripes.

-d
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 AM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

I like the car without stripes. I actually just ripped mine off this weekend and fell in love with the car all over again. It looks soo much better. But for some reason.. that car might look better with it.

Quick Reply: Rocker Stripes