Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Clear corner lenses

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:27 AM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Clear corner lenses

Installed the front and rear clear corners last night and it was easy. Looks great ! Hopefully I will have some pics up by Monday.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:18 PM
GEAUX05GT

ORIGINAL: HazardSports
I also got the clear rear marker lights - looks like I have to remove the rear bumper cover ? ! ? ! Any installation sugestions would be greatly appreciated !
I too tried to remove the rear bumper cover and accessing the via the trunk, neither worked. The rear reflector comes off without disassembling the vehicle. Study the new reflector to see how the reflector is installed. Use a flathead screwdriver and gently push one end to make the reflector bows out can be pulled off. Hard to describe but hopefully you will figure it out, it's not very difficult. Try pushing opposite ends until you are successfulI don't recall which end I pushed.

As for the source of my clear reflectors, I got the rear reflectors from a private party through the forums.

Also, I am using red LEDs for lighting.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

Didn't think of that GEAUX05GT

When I installed the rears I just took out 2 screws from the rear wheel splash guard and then pushed UP on the bottom of the rear bumper cover while pulling outward on the top to pull it away from the body of the car. Then it was quick and easy to push in on the retaining clip on the leading edge of the corner lense, twist out the bulb and reverse the steps.

ONE THING I DID NOTICE: The FRONT corners fit snug and look great. The larger bulb fits snug but the smaller bulb is rotated in properly yet still is a bit loose. Iknow the oem's did seat nice and tight ! Not sure if it is a manufacturing difference with the new pieces or if I poss overlooked something. Havent gone back out and looked hard for the solution; but, will have to do it soon before I start to take on some condensation.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Rear removal.....

Old 07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

Nice Demo Pics mlcrycc. A little late for me; but, sure this will help out others.New Sig Pic shows of the goods. Thanks EVERYONE for your help; and, thanksjimmyswanfor starting the thread.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM
GEAUX05GT

Nice pics mlcrycc! The use of a cloth to cover the screwdriver is a smart idea. I didn't think of it and I was paranoid of scratching the car during the process. I had the mental image of the screwdriver jumping out of my hand and putting a long scratch in the quarterpanel (there was a better chance of scratching the plastic lens if I slipped).
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
ab
2nd Gear Member

Stangmods has packages with bulbs and shipping is free. http://www.stangmods.com/category-s/263.htm
Old 07-15-2008, 04:57 PM
MustangD
2nd Gear Member

Never understood the allure of clear corner lenses, but heyit's your money. Hope you find a good price at least.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HazardSports

ONE THING I DID NOTICE: The FRONT corners fit snug and look great. The larger bulb fits snug but the smaller bulb is rotated in properly yet still is a bit loose. Iknow the oem's did seat nice and tight ! Not sure if it is a manufacturing difference with the new pieces or if I poss overlooked something. Havent gone back out and looked hard for the solution; but, will have to do it soon before I start to take on some condensation.
HazardSports, Did you find a soulution to those loose sockets?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:28 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

No NJ3I haven't taken the time to look hard at them and I have the OEM ones in the shed to compare with. Maybe this week=end. Do you have the same issue or a suggestion ?

Quick Reply: Clear corner lenses