Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Street Scence Fascia

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
kaponelb
1st Gear Member

Default Street Scence Fascia

I got the street scence fascia and i installed the grill today but as you can see in the picture there is a gap between my grill and bumper i dont know how to fix this i attached the fascia with the top bolts and the side ones by the turn the signals thats all is there other place i need to attach the bumper to cause it seems it hangs down and when i hold the fascia up it fits fine with the grill anybody have this fascia how did you install it

Old 07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Street Scence Fascia

Is that the Gen 1 fascia? It should have a botton row of tabs. When you took the old grille out there were tabs all along the bottom egde holding it to the bumper fascia. The tabs on the bottom of the grille are supposed to go back into the tabs on the fascia(bumper). See pictures #7 & #8 for tabs. See #8 Instruction.

"8. Install the Street Scene grille shell. Plug in the lamps sockets and allign the tabs on grille with the[align=left]slots in fascia. Push the bottom of the grille in while gently pushing down on the drivers side lamp[/align][align=left]socket to clear the sheet metal. It will be a little tight going in but once installed the lamp socket[/align]will be on the back side of the sheet metal with adequate clearance."

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/instruc.../950-73595.pdf

Good luck, it looks good by the way!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:35 PM
kaponelb
1st Gear Member

yes it the gen 1 fascia its not the grill the grill is perfectly in its the fascia when i push on the bottom of the fascia up it closes the gap it just hangs down can it be because i dont have one wheel liner on my car its feel off and i dont know what screws does it use to install it back anybody have a list of fasterners that it uses or a diagram to see so i get them because i want to install it back and the wheel liner its not attached to the fascia is just there do u need to attach it to it
Old 07-19-2008, 09:20 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Man, are you familiar with the English language??[8D]
Tough to read you...

Anyway, one trick I use in those situations...
I get a piece of metal about 1/2 inch wide and 1/8" thick (home depot) that I double side tape underneath the edge of the bumper.
Make sure it's loong enough to cover pass the warped area, so it holds that bumper edge straight.
Works everytime.

Last time I did this, it was on a CDC aggressive chin on a customer car...
It was bulging upward and it's perfectly straight now.

Hope it'll help.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 AM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

I have a gap from my front bumper too but its much smaller than that and I don't worry about it..

Pascal - so to get you 100% correct, you tape this piece of metal to the bumper where it meets the grill? or on the inside of the bumper so it supports the part of the bumper that touches the bottom of the grill.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
kaponelb
1st Gear Member

nice idea thanks ima have to try that so it it has to be a piece of metal that fits the whole bottom of the grill and put it under the fascia ima try that
Old 07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
kaponelb
1st Gear Member

does it go under the grill are or where
Old 07-19-2008, 02:46 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Dude, how much did you fork out on this project? Think about it, your hard earned cash and a somewhat not right product?I'd be calling someone and asking WTF is up with the warped fascia and demand they either send a replacement or partial refund. Maybe you just got a bad part? I feel for you though, it sucks getting something all put together the way you want then see a flaw in the system. Kind of like excited, disappointed, confused, disgusted and annoyed all rolled into one.
I think Pascal means put the metal bar on the undersidetop lip of the fascia (out of sight).
Old 07-19-2008, 05:01 PM
kaponelb
1st Gear Member

i tried it with the metal piece on the edge on the fascia and no luck still a gap i had it for like a year already and didnt have a problem with my stock grill
Old 07-20-2008, 12:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: 4Rowdy

I think Pascal means put the metal bar on the undersidetop lip of the fascia (out of sight).
Correct.

Make sure everything is clean underneath (very Important) for the 3M tape to stick. Use laquer thinner, forget alcohol at this point.
Also make sure that the strip of metal is 1/8 thick, so it wont give at all.

Quick Reply: Street Scence Fascia