Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervini Quarter Window Scoops and Side Scoops

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

Default Cervini Quarter Window Scoops and Side Scoops

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and the mustang family. I drive an 08 Mustang GT with a few mods, and I'm interested in the quarter window louvers and the side scopps from Cervini. I have a couple of questions though, and I was hoping if someone with the scoops can answer them.

For the quarter window louvers, I hear the mesh screen inside is not sealed, and that water can get in after a carwash and take forever to leak out? I was wondering if anyone had this problem.

I found this image on google:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...n/CIMG0216.jpg

I'm pretty sure those side scoops are from Cervini.

Also, about how much does it cost to paint the 2 window scoops and 2 side scoops?

Thanks guys in advance.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cervini Quarter Window Scoops and Side Scoops

Painting will depend on the shop you goto. It cost me $100 to get them painted but I had bought them used so the only prep work was to paint over the old paint.

I have read that some want about $300 to prep and paint.

The water does leak for a while after a wash. Just have some spray detailer to clean it up a couple hours later.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

I see. $300 to get all 4 scoops prepped and painted?

and is there any way to seal the quarter window louvers?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Nope sorry, not possible to seal them. Unless you some how built them into the car with filler and bondo and stuff, but I am sure that would eventually crack in no time...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

I see I see. Thanks a lot for your help.

Have you experienced any problems with your scoops coming loose or anything like that? Is 3M tape sufficientfor holding them in place?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
glamis40

hi, i was wondering the same as you... 3m tape for 300 dollar parts turns me off but i like the way they look and would like to get those window louvers, need more info on that 3m tape... but i know they have louvers that actually replace the glass and louvers that bolt on, not sure what to go with but gotta love the way they look. 07 gt flows, airaid, poweraid, diablosport, billet upper lower, strut tower, 2500 watt system, saleen spoiler, rear blackout, tinted windows, sat radio, stock tires.... hoping to get headers, pulleys, noz soon and some DR'S. pics coming soon
Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Let me reassure everyone that 3M tape (if applied correctly) will hold any of the aftermarket parts on the car and most factories that have non-functional parts applied with tape use 3M tape. Been around forever and the use of adhesion promoter will give even more piece of mind. JMO -J -(I have more parts than anyone that use 3M tape and no issues)
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Cuzzo
2nd Gear Member

My spoiler leaks water onto the trunk after a good wash. I take care of that with my air compressor bro. If you don't have one maybe u can get that pressurized air can for keyboards (I'd check to make sure the contentsdon't f**k up your paint).
Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys. Does anyone have pictures of the Cervini louvers and side scoops? Closeups would be nice. Also, does anyone else have an estimate on how much it would cost to get th 4 scoops prepped and painted? Sorry I'm new with the painting and stuff [&o]
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I will post pics of the louvers and side scoops as well later tonight....check my gallery for pics too!

Quick Reply: Cervini Quarter Window Scoops and Side Scoops