Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Vista Blue with Black stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:21 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Default Vista Blue with Black stripes?

I was going to post this in the Appearance section but posts there seem to mysteriously disappear. I made a post there and after like a day it was gone. No idea why.

Anyway...

Does anyone have pics of a Vista Blue stang with black stripes painted on? I'd like to get racing stripes and I was thinking white at first. White looks great on Vista Blue but it's what EVERYONE does. I've seen black stripes painted on a Candy Apple Red car and it looked sick. So I figure black on Vista Blue would probably as well.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

IMO vista blue is to dark for black stripes, there won't be enough contrast. I was considering a metallic gray, but have been too lazy to do it. Since you want them painted on, you can choose whatever color you want. I would go to the shop and look at some swatches and hold them up to your paint.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

My '07 Mustang is Vista Blue with Gray racing stripes. I haven't seen alot of vista blue mustangs with black racing stripes but I've seen a handful with gray ones.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:37 PM
zraickenator

I was at a ford dealership today and they had a vista blue with black racing stripes. the thing looked pretty bitchin. it was inside and i can only imagine how good it would look in the sun. i would go for it
Old 08-30-2008, 07:22 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Its time for photoshop !
Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MexGT
Its time for photoshop !
lol. Or in my case The Gimp.

Unfortunately I suck too bad at photo editing to make anything look worth a damn. Getting the shinyness and reflections would be hard (for me at least).

I do like how white stripes would be very eye catching and would pop out. But what's cool about black is it's subtle but still looks bitchin'. Like the Candy Apple red w/ black stripes I saw.

Color swatches is a good idea still.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:50 PM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

i had the same dilema... if you google "Vista blue GT/CS black stripes" something might show up..

it was a picture of a VB gtcs with matte black stripes.. personally i think it looks badass..

but my dad paid for half of them so i went with white lol.. still looks sick
Old 08-30-2008, 09:23 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

I personally wouldn't do it. I think silver or white looks better with blue. I have seen it and thought it looked pretty boring.. Just me though...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:21 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

What I need is a stripe that can change its color like the MyColor system for the dash. LOL. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:43 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

There's a car that's two tone with VB and black at the Marble Falls, Tx Ford dealer that one of the salesmen sent me a link to about a week ago.

http://regencyrep.com/MUSTANGS.html

I think it's a pretty interesting looking car, even though the black is not stripes. But this shows what black looks like against blue. That particular black looks a little less shiny than I would want but it's still not bad. The pic of it in the dealer there looks the best.

Quick Reply: Vista Blue with Black stripes?