Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Removing a body kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:59 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

^^Thank you for the compliments, shepherd......

I really wasn't directing my reply at you...moreso ziller....
Hoorah for removing bad "Fast and Furious" body kits.
Just say "no" to a whole bunch of taped on extra plastic!
He's a bit sassy at times....and I love a challenge.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

shepherd, if she wants to keep that rear end you will "not" be able to use stock side skirts it just won't look right. Something like what Saddleup has on her's would work or take a look at these https://www.cervinis.com/product.asp...1&id=1208#4360 Take a look at the stalker side skirts very simple and clean looking
Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shepherd
I think I found the kit finally. I could tell it didn't look like any of the other kits I was seeing out there. It's from EDOzone which I have never heard of and it appears their main contact number is a cell phone, not real confidence inspiring for a company, which is not currently working.
Actually I think the name of that body kit is Razzi. I had that front air dam on my car for awhile and hated it because it scraped everywhere I drove. If you check out their website you will find they sell those side skirts and rear bumper as well.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Yes that is the razzi body kit....not my taste either.

http://www.mrbodykit.com/bodykits/00mustang.htm

You can check many kits for our cars here. Good place if you arent sure what something is. They carry almost all of them to compare to
Old 10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

I don't know if you can get the 3DCarbon boy racer side skirts seperately (I think you can though).
But on the 3DCarbon website if you look at the mustang GT kit (the yellow GT) you can get those side skirts seperately because I bought a set of them. A subtle upgrade over stock.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 AM
shepherd

I think we are going to try the Roush or cervini stalker side skirts, they are pretty basic and low profile. Like I said I'd really like to take this thing in a sleek and subtle direction. Lana and I have pretty minimalist tastes.

I'm also on the fence as to whether we are going to have the chrome Bullitts powder coated or replace them and sell them.

Last edited by shepherd; 10-24-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:15 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I love the chrome bullitts and this is not intended for you Shepherd (welcome to the forum) but towards zkiller

pics for you zkiller- I know you love bodykits!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 AM
freaknazty

Originally Posted by shepherd
I think we are going to try the Roush or cervini stalker side skirts, they are pretty basic and low profile. Like I said I'd really like to take this thing in a sleek and subtle direction. Lana and I have pretty minimalist tastes.

I'm also on the fence as to whether we are going to have the chrome Bullitts powder coated or replace them and sell them.

well i dont know what size your talking about that you have but i have four silver painted bullitt rims i just took off my 08 gt if your interested in a swap or something just pm me and let me know ......

lol oh and by the way thats a razzi kit
Old 11-02-2008, 07:05 PM
shepherd

Pulled the side skirts off today, the stock ones are still there but they are covered in adhesive. The adhesive appears to be more like an industrial strength type stuff than normal double sided tape and it extremely reluctant to come off. The car looks 100 times better already though and the rear diffuser actually doesn't look bad with the stock sides, gives it a kind of level look.

I think I am going to end up having to pull the stock side skirts and repaint them. It may still end up cheaper to buy new take-off skirts that are already painted. hmmmph.
Evolution is a slow process.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Yes a very slow process and I have to tell you that many of my bodykits parts were applied with 3M panel adhesive and other parts with 3M tape. Very thick like the factory uses (most factories use some form of 3M adhesive /tape)....keep us posted

Quick Reply: Removing a body kit