Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Saleen Heritage Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I like the splitters, I didn't want to shave them because they are already molded into the bumper and removing might make a depression and the paint would look wierd where they were so I just left them.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

i have been considereing purchasing this bumper for a while just haven't pulled the trigger. the only thing is i don't really like the spliters but when/if i get this bumper i will probably just keep them on also. i'll be scared the painter might mess it or something.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

Yeah, the bumper is great quality and is very smooth, it fells like it was already sanded when i got it out of the box, and the kit that i got was: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...ascia_Kit.html

It came with the lower & two small grilles, screws, pop-in fasteners, L-brackets to hold the lower aero shield, double sided tape for the chrome and splitters, washers, pop-rivets, and NO INSTRUCTIONS, but i emailed saleen and they sent me like 12 PDF manuals on the ENTIRE kit for the PJ mustang and i only needed 2, but everything is squared away and is ready to go on the car except the liners and aero shield/front fascia support/radiator guard. (On Gts not V6s)
Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

are you gonna put lights in the lower two holes or just use the grilles
Old 12-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

ill use the grilles for now and mabey some sort of homemade brake cooling duct or CAI to the air box, then later if i decide to ill put in lights, i just going to go with the flow i guess!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

So the 1 inner fender liner ive been waiting on for the past month or two was supposed to be here today, and i would've had it on to show this weekend, but it ill be another 2 more weeks
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I love that front end, if I couldn't get the GT500 cover I'd pick this one instead. However, I do wish that it didn't have those stupid headlight splitters.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

This is the same front end I plan on getting. Can't wait to see it on your car.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

thanks, with any luck it may go to this week
Old 01-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

FINALLY!!!!!
I decided to drive 100 miles to get the final part i needed instead of waiting So here's what i got!

W/O bumper

The foam everyone talks about is the little piece (about a 1' across and 2'' deep) that looks like a jig-saw puzzle in the middle of the other LARGE piece (the bumper foam)

The pop rivets hold the grille in at the lip where the grill meets the edge of the bumper (looking from the ground up to see them)

RF jack placement

LF jack placement

Close-Up Lower Grille

Bad Pic

Front

Side View

Install was easy there are a few things to know:

1. The 5 or 6 "screws" that hold each fender liners just need 1/4 turn and they pop out, then they are like the pop-in fasteners.

2. You dont need any scews or pop-in fasteners or any new parts, just fender liners, lower aero shield, and GT foam if you are skiddish about shaving off the V6 bump.

3. Its really easy, just take your time and use bags or some thing to separate all of the used parts. EVERY PIECE WILL BE REUSED, SO DO NOT DAMAGE IT!!!

Last edited by Stang-aholic; 01-18-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Saleen Heritage Install