Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

license plate locations

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:28 AM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Default license plate locations

Anybody ever relocate your license plate on the front bumper? I installed my GTCS lower grill insert this weekend but it is blocked by the factory license plate brkt. I thought maybe someone has come up with a different brkt or way to relocate it. Of course I have to have the license plate installed because I live in Texas. And now I allready have huge holes in the front bumper. So relocating it highr seams to be my only option. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:01 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

How about these, they are retractable:

Manual:

http://www.ninosport.com/Altec-Show-...&category=-101

These are motorized and remote controlled:
http://www.ninosport.com/Altec-Remot...&category=-101
Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

Retractable - to where? Remote controlled - does it fly like a rc heli? Sounds like a waste of $$ to me.

I live in a state that requests you use both plates too. They also request you drive a max of 65 mph, not break traction, not drive aggressive, not race, not get laid in your car, etc. etc. etc. OMG now Im worried - what if they nail me w/o a front plate - I'm so f n screwed!

My front plate has never been on my 007 stang and is hangin in my garage along with the front plate to my other 2 vehicles 1 of which has been there 7 yrs now.

My mom doesn't like to take any risks or break any laws either - she drives a volvo. lol
Old 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

well i guess your mom doesnt have the 250.00 for the fine either.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
dennisgt3

I'm a new Illinois resident and a new Mustang owner from Indiana where no front license plate required. I don't like the look of a plate on the front of my Mustang. Anyone from Illinois that can tell me if Illlinois enforces having its plate on the front?

Thanks

Dennis
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dennisgt3
I'm a new Illinois resident and a new Mustang owner from Indiana where no front license plate required. I don't like the look of a plate on the front of my Mustang. Anyone from Illinois that can tell me if Illlinois enforces having its plate on the front?

Thanks

Dennis
Yes, speaking from experience. Actually it's a favorite excuse of cops everywhere.

I found that out here in Ohio as well. Thought I was safe as I passed tons of Vettes, Porsches, and BMWs with no front plates every day. No such luck -- got pulled over twice in 2 weeks (must be a Mustang thang...) but talked my way out of the ticket both times.

I bought one of the manual 'show-n-go' plate mounts (mostly so I would not have to drill my fascia). Works great. You can see it 'retracted' in my sig picture.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I've been driving mine for 2 years in Texas with no front plate, no problems. Half of that time was in Houston, half in College Station. I also know plenty of guys from the DFW area that don't run front plates and haven't heard of any of them getting tickets.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

I was just givin my opinion and tryin at some humor in the process. I have the greatest of respect for the men who died at the Alamo, the dallas cowboy cheerleaders, country fried steak and the great (BIG) state of TX - sorry you seemed offended by my remarks dude.

To answer your question: There is no such thing as a "factory license plate brkt" on the front of the 2007 Mustang GT. The license plate frame on the front is installed by the dealer. (Admittedly, I could be wrong and they actually do make a special edition for TX?) Just pick a location you think looks best and put it there. Simple.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
I've been driving mine for 2 years in Texas with no front plate, no problems. Half of that time was in Houston, half in College Station. I also know plenty of guys from the DFW area that don't run front plates and haven't heard of any of them getting tickets.
I had a PT Cruiser several years ago, drove it without plates for about 2 years. then one day a cop that had seen me hundreds of times before decided to be an **** and pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Since then plates on front of all my cars. I know it sucks but it cheaper than the ticket was.

Originally Posted by Vulcan420
I was just givin my opinion and tryin at some humor in the process. I have the greatest of respect for the men who died at the Alamo, the dallas cowboy cheerleaders, country fried steak and the great (BIG) state of TX - sorry you seemed offended by my remarks dude.
sorry myself dude, I guess I did take it as S.A. remark, I never have a problem with a little humor tho.

Last edited by TEXASGT/CS; 02-03-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I'll take my chances... Stangs with front plates look like ***. I just consider it a [possible] $250 mod.

Quick Reply: license plate locations