Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My Stangs Future is in YOUR hands!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
07_V6_Stang

Cool My Stangs Future is in YOUR hands!

There are so many appearance mods out there but I think I have finally narrowed it down. I have a 2007 Coupe Premium, Vista blue w/ pony package. I think I want to put on Cervini's C-series 1/4 window scoops and C-series side scoops. Also considering a Roush hood scoop and dual racing stripes. If I go with the hood scoop, should I paint it blue or flat black. Also, should I run the stripes over the scoop or below? One more thing, how wide should my stripes be?

My cars future may be in your hands! Please give me your opinions.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

a flat black hood scoop would look cool IMO.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
07heat
2nd Gear Member

I got a flat black Roush hood scoop...i like it.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

I'm not really a fan of nonfunctional hood scoops, but the rest sounds good.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

here is what i would do.... lower cervini side scoops, no window scoops, and if you must add a hood scoop paint it blue and put the stripes on it. The stripes should be either 10 or 12in. either will look good.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
07_V6_Stang

Not really a fan of non functional either, but the shaker is so expensive for what is essentially a plastic engine cover that does little to improve performance. I really like the way it looks though!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

If you get the non-functional hood scoop then paint it blue. A black hood scoop + Stripes + Blue paint would just look REALLY Silly IMO.

Secondly, if your going to paint it black then just go buy the Shaker ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-20...er-system.html ). For the cost of buying the Roush Hood Scoop your looking at $155+Paint(+Installation if you cant DIY). ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ood-scoop.html ) So just go with the Shaker if your going to get a Black one. + It's functional and looks a million times better than any other hood scoop I think.

I did have someone get the actual measurements of a GT500's stripes, I have the measurements somewhere around here. PM me and I'll find 'em for ya. It's your call for putting the stripes over/under. But I really like it when the stripes go all the way down your bumpers or at least as far down as the license plates. I personally think it looks cheesy when they start on the hood

Last edited by maxshuty; 01-28-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07_V6_Stang
Not really a fan of non functional either, but the shaker is so expensive for what is essentially a plastic engine cover that does little to improve performance. I really like the way it looks though!
i agree although it is functional it only lowers engine bay temps but the price is kind of steep until you compare it to an aftermarket hood that requires prep and paint then its about $500 cheaper. Bottom line its your car, if it makes you happy you've done the right mods
Old 01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
07_V6_Stang

Originally Posted by maxshuty
If you get the non-functional hood scoop then paint it blue. A black hood scoop + Stripes + Blue paint would just look REALLY Silly IMO.

Secondly, if your going to paint it black then just go buy the Shaker ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-20...er-system.html ). For the cost of buying the Roush Hood Scoop your looking at $155+Paint(+Installation if you cant DIY). ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ood-scoop.html ) So just go with the Shaker if your going to get a Black one. + It's functional and looks a million times better than any other hood scoop I think.

I did have someone get the actual measurements of a GT500's stripes, I have the measurements somewhere around here. PM me and I'll find 'em for ya. It's your call for putting the stripes over/under. But I really like it when the stripes go all the way down your bumpers or at least as far down as the license plates. I personally think it looks cheesy when they start on the hood
Your absolutely right. Now that I think about it would look pretty silly I think I might just wait awhile on the hood scoop. As for the stripes, I think 12" would look good. I definitely want them all the way down. It looks funny when the stripes are only on the hood (I apologize to whom I may offend). Thanks for your opinion!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

I have the cervinis side and window scoops and I love em. I would go with 12" flat black stripes... well that what I bought, I just dont have em on my car yet

Quick Reply: My Stangs Future is in YOUR hands!