Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Thinking About a Ducktail Wing - A Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Default Thinking About a Ducktail Wing - A Question

I've got a 2008 V6 with the Pony Package, which includes the wing. I'm thinking that I would like to swap it out with a ducktail wing, though.

My question is...Does a ducktail wing exist that will replace the Pony Package wing and either utilize the existing holes or cover them up? And if not, what is the best way to cover the factory holes?

If its not that easy or doesn't look good to swap it out, I'd rather just leave the factory wing on. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this?

Thanks Everyone...
Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Cuzzo
2nd Gear Member

There's a lot of companies that make different ducktail spoilers. If you don't get an answer here find the one you like and email or call that company directly bro. GL Let us know how it turns out!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:41 PM
peter north
2nd Gear Member

The cervini ducktail spoiler does cover the holes, but the street scene & cdc ductail spoiler dont cover the holes. You can swap trunks with someone who has a spoiler delete near you. You can post a thread about who wants to trade trunks someone in this forums would trade.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys, that's some good advice. I have poked around the internet, and I am definitely liking the Cervini's ducktail spoiler.

Does anyone have any pics of it on their car that they would like to share?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
2008moosetang
1st Gear Member

Look up Mygt500's car. He has the C-500 kit. I have the Cervinis spoiler and love the look, but it does take up almost your entire rear window. Look for a reputable shop to do the shop paint/install as I have been having problems with my shop keeping the paint from bubbling. I've heard its the urethane material.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

You should do the ducktail/pedestal combo. Those ALWAYS look killer. Sorry...can't post pics right now...

- Deadbeat
Old 03-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

Well what did you end up going with?

Ive heard the cervini requires real good prep prior to painting due to mold release or you will have paint issues.

The only way to cover factory holes w/o the spoiler doin it is to have a body shop fill and paint.

BTW - I dont think a ducktail is a "wing" type spoiler. I think its considered a "lip" type spoiler.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:58 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by peter north
The cervini ducktail spoiler does cover the holes, but the street scene & cdc ductail spoiler dont cover the holes. You can swap trunks with someone who has a spoiler delete near you. You can post a thread about who wants to trade trunks someone in this forums would trade.
go for the Cervini duck tail!
Originally Posted by jvecero3
Thanks guys, that's some good advice. I have poked around the internet, and I am definitely liking the Cervini's ducktail spoiler.

Does anyone have any pics of it on their car that they would like to share?
Sure do- see below!....
Originally Posted by 2008moosetang
Look up Mygt500's car. He has the C-500 kit. I have the Cervinis spoiler and love the look, but it does take up almost your entire rear window. Look for a reputable shop to do the shop paint/install as I have been having problems with my shop keeping the paint from bubbling. I've heard its the urethane material.
1. Thanks for the name drop! glad you remembered my car!

2. It is 4 inches tall and does make the back window smaller....I love that it blocks most if not all cars and trucks headlights from blaring in the car.

3. Its the mold release from the part and the prep with Cervinis is everything....any reputable body shop should be told that if they dont already know to prevent this from happening.

Originally Posted by Vulcan420
Well what did you end up going with?

Ive heard the cervini requires real good prep prior to painting due to mold release or you will have paint issues.

The only way to cover factory holes w/o the spoiler doin it is to have a body shop fill and paint.

BTW - I dont think a ducktail is a "wing" type spoiler. I think its considered a "lip" type spoiler.
1. Very right but not a big deal

2. You maybe correct on that but it will help with down force the faster you go and thats all that matters ....

pics (some good others not so great)

This is my fav.......made motivational posters with it....LOL

I was lucky enough to have a great paint and body guy that is a step above many (pascal and bodyman excluded)

Old 03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

mygt500, the spoiler looks pretty awesome. Im jealous. Like your 1/4 scoops also and the rest of your ride looks real nice too.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks Vulcan420-much appreciated

Quick Reply: Thinking About a Ducktail Wing - A Question