Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

concerns?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
None here but the car is never out of my sight when out at a show or at a friends house. Its not a DD and is stored in a garage and many times my DD or my girlfriends DD is in front of the garage door so if you could get in you would have to get thru the dead bolt and reinforced framing or get the code to open the garage door and you cant get past the other cars(s) anyway. The alarm is in use at all times and I work off shift so I frequently am outside at night working on the car. I also live in a neighborhood that is very confusing to navigate even if you live there and its very quiet most of the time and the neighbors are all over 60+ yrs old and no kids!!!!!! So yes I feel safe that the car will not be messed with
haha, so did you get the car done first and then completely rearrange your life to make sure no one messes with it? True dedication to the Mustang lifestyle right there.

Mine hasn't been messed with (basically stock body), but like a lot of the others here I'm very careful where I park it (when I have to park, I'm always thinking about what kind of people would mess with it, what probably motivates them to wreck other people's stuff, and how I can use their own laziness, fear of being seen, etc, to keep them away from my Mustang.) There have been lots of times I'll see a group of kids or shady looking people near wherever I want to park, so I'll just turn around and find a different spot a little further away and go for a little extra walk.

If you're going to be nearby, park it where you can keep an eye on it, that kind of stuff, and then just hope for the best. Fact is that if someone is enough of a ***** to damage someone else's property simply because they're jealous of whatever, it might happen sooner or later and there isn't really a lot you can do to predict/prevent it.

Luckily, even if the worse-case happens and someone messes with your Mustang, most of that damage is superficial and can be fixed up by you or a detailing shop fairly easily and without too much cost.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

yeah I worry, but I park out in no-man's land if I go somewhere and sometimes I'll pull the hood pins out and put them in the car (don't run with lanyards) if I feel uneasy about where I'm at or how long I might be...plus that's what insurance is for, I guess??