Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

concerns?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:21 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default concerns?

do you all ever worry about people messing with your car either parked where ever you are at or when you aren't around?

I am thinking of either going plain jane , no badges, no fancy smancy stuff OR finishing up my Mach 1 look. All I need is the pedestal wing and a few other things. I don't mind if people look but it bugs me when they either pester me about the car or all in my face about it.. I HATE it when people touch it the most.

Anybody with the more extroverted body kits (Cervini etc.) have any issues with people messing with it?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Debadged plain look ftw.
But only cool if you have lots or power for a great sleeper. Otherwise go for the mach 1.
My car has been keyed numerous times and it was stock looking at the time. I dont think the kits will matter, just who you park near.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

this is how I sleep better at nights.

A locking cover also keeps the car cleaner for much longer. A nightly dust off and it gets covered and prying eyes are kept away from my interior.
Attached Thumbnails concerns?-dscf1745.jpg   concerns?-dscf1746.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

I never park up front, but where I do park I make sure that my baby is in plain sight to discourage people from messing with it.

If someone is gonna F with it then they're going to F with it. No sense in worrying about it. You can only do that best you can to take precautions against it happening.

And then you can always look into car alarms too.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

My gt was keyed when i bought it used 100% stock. Just jealous kids probably. Nothing you can do about that short of buying a few batteries and electrifying the body!!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
My gt was keyed when i bought it used 100% stock. Just jealous kids probably. Nothing you can do about that short of buying a few batteries and electrifying the body!!
Now there's a great idea!! LOL! How do you do that, tha'ts what I want to know. Keep them little bastards away from my baby!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
do you all ever worry about people messing with your car either parked where ever you are at or when you aren't around?

I am thinking of either going plain jane , no badges, no fancy smancy stuff OR finishing up my Mach 1 look. All I need is the pedestal wing and a few other things. I don't mind if people look but it bugs me when they either pester me about the car or all in my face about it.. I HATE it when people touch it the most.

Anybody with the more extroverted body kits (Cervini etc.) have any issues with people messing with it?
None here but the car is never out of my sight when out at a show or at a friends house. Its not a DD and is stored in a garage and many times my DD or my girlfriends DD is in front of the garage door so if you could get in you would have to get thru the dead bolt and reinforced framing or get the code to open the garage door and you cant get past the other cars(s) anyway. The alarm is in use at all times and I work off shift so I frequently am outside at night working on the car. I also live in a neighborhood that is very confusing to navigate even if you live there and its very quiet most of the time and the neighbors are all over 60+ yrs old and no kids!!!!!! So yes I feel safe that the car will not be messed with
Old 04-14-2009, 12:13 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I don't worry about it. I park in an apartment complex lot and no one has ever bothered it. In fact, the kids in the area watch it to make sure no one mess with it. Don't let it worry you. It can be fixed.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I haven't had anyone mess with mine but I am pretty paranoid on where I drive/park it. That explains why I only have 10,000 miles on the odometer. It isn't my daily driver and I usually only drive to shows and on cruises. Every now and then I will take it to work but my office is directly across from the parking lot with a large window to watch out so I get to monitor it all day.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:33 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

I have very rarely left my car unattended in a parking lot and if it was is was almost out of sight. I worry about door dings more then keying... And my car is always in a garage over night so i can always go 2 bed w/ a clear mind

Quick Reply: concerns?