Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Where to buy Street Scene center Eleanor grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default Where to buy Street Scene center Eleanor grille

Hey guys,

For those of you with the Street Scene center grille, where did you buy it? I've seen a lot of sites with the 3D Carbon center grille listed, and a bunch which don't specify the make. I've heard bad stories about the fitment of the knockoff grilles, so I'd like to pick up the real Street Scene grille and save myself some trouble.

Where did you guys get yours?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

look in the s197 classifieds, someone is selling one currently.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jerseyautoparts
look in the s197 classifieds, someone is selling one currently.
That was a 3d Carbon grill as well.

I know that American Muscle had a Street Scene style grill with that type of light placement which is farther appart then the 3D one. AM has a good rep but I would still call them about the fit quality. The reason I mention that one is b/c it's at least $30 cheaper then the SS one. If you want the SS specificly try stage3motorsports.com or latemodelrestoration.com
Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM
05fastblk
2nd Gear Member

i used the 3d, no problems at all get compliments all the time! love it!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys! I found the Street Scene grille at Ninosport so I phoned them up today and ordered it.

The one AmericanMuscle sells looks like the Street Scene grille but it's made by a company called "KS Reproduction." A little cheaper, but I'd heard of someone buying a Street Scene look-a-like from Blue Oval Industries and it didn't fit properly at all and required a bunch of modification to make it fit, so I didn't want to take that chance with the American Muscle imitation.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raubt
Thanks guys! I found the Street Scene grille at Ninosport so I phoned them up today and ordered it.

The one AmericanMuscle sells looks like the Street Scene grille but it's made by a company called "KS Reproduction." A little cheaper, but I'd heard of someone buying a Street Scene look-a-like from Blue Oval Industries and it didn't fit properly at all and required a bunch of modification to make it fit, so I didn't want to take that chance with the American Muscle imitation.
Yeah the Blue Oval ones are crap but I have to think AM wouldn't sell crap, regardless I would call them to verify the fit.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 AM
05fastblk
2nd Gear Member

had trouble with blue oval too on some louvers, seems like those dudes are in deep **** as far as business go, they have bad customer service and they try getting smart when you call them on it like they are better than everybody else, i want to see their faces when they are out of business! ANYWAY LOL. Im glad you found the grille you like buddy, like i said i went with the 3d and instructions said i needed to remove bumper which i thought would be time consuming so i figured a way to skip it all and just remove the grille, dk if thats how everyone else has done it but i felt like a genious when i put the grille on in less than 20 minutes! haha. post some pics bro i will do so asap too i just need to get the batteries charged on my cam.