Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Gloss Black 20" Shelby Redlines

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Gloss Black 20" Shelby Redlines

Greetings,
I have a Performance White 06 Vert and have been looking at these rims as my first major purchase. The only place I believe I have seen a decent pic is on Tire Rack's site.

I have found them cheaper at other places around the web, but everywhere else anytime I see these rims it looks as though they used the pic of the Gunmetal Redlines.

Examples:
Tire Rack Black -

Gloss Black Finish at other sites -

The Gloss Black posted above is from Late Model Restoration...which is a reputable site. Has AR/Shelby changed the way that the finish is done or what? I want them to look 'Black' like the image from Tire Rack...not Gunmetal or grey as posted everywhere else. I know that they may just be using the same image and it's just posted incorrectly....but before I spend my hard earned money I'd like to be sure. I found them at a different site for 210 shipped per rim (20x8.5). Does anyone have these rims installed...and if so can you post a pic. Thanks!

Last edited by Topless Stang; 05-03-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

check my album there should be some pics... they are a little bit more of a pain to clean than regular rims. i think i paid 900 shipped for them way back when.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info. I was just a little nervous. I like the look of them on the car. Why are they so hard to clean? What do you use? My price will be slightly lower...but not by much. I'm going with a staggered set up 20x8.5(F) & 20x10(R). What tires did you go with? Does the finish stand up...or does it chip easily?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:30 AM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

-there are a lot of spokes with nooks and crannies, just use a soft brush or a nice sponge and they arent too bad
-falken 452s 255/35 all around they are awesome tires, i will be buying them again
-the black paint has held up, the lip gets scratched a little bit, but a little polish and they are back to new
Old 05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I was looking at those, but I need an All Season tire. I live in Pa and I will be driving in snow sometimes. I was leaning towards the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S tires. Have you heard anything good or bad about those? What size tires did you go with? Is your car lowered? I was looking at the Eibach Pro Spring Kit to drop it down a little.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

those are nice rims i was goin to get them but got what i have now instead, black will look sick on your white vert man
Old 05-03-2009, 05:42 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I agree, those are nice wheels. They will look great on the performance white.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

goodyear assurance tripletred is a very good all season tire that is sticky and performs well in the winter. i havent tried falkens all season tire but i am confident any of falkens newer tires will hold up to what they are designed for.

i would just keep your stock wheels and put those on in the winter though... no reason to ride on the redlines in the winter (do you have a lot of snow where you are in pa)?

a lot of people like the prokit, i like the steeda sport springs better and thats what i have.

i dont know anything about those pirellis, but the 17 inch nero ones that came on my car when I got it were pathetic, especially in the winter.

Last edited by siberian.mist; 05-03-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Or on a Limer...
If I didn't go retro with my car, those would be on there.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all of the info guys. I've been on this forum trying to take in all of the info I could ever since I got my lil' pony. I think I'm going to go with Toyo Proxes. Decent price and decent reviews, so what th heck.

Siberian.Mist - Last winter was kind of horrible...it snowed quite a bit...but since I'm a Va Beach transplant if it snowed more than once or twice a year it's a lot to me lol. I try not to drive much in the snow, and since they are used to it in Pa they keep the roads pretty clean. I see what you mean about taking the tires off in the Winter...I thought you only had to swap tires if it was snow/ice/salt on the road if you had chrome rims. Painted rims need to get swapped to?

Can anyone recommend a decent online tire e-tailer? I have my tire selection priced as follows:

$106 - 255/35ZR20 PROXES 4 97W
$12 - Road Hazard
$193 - 275/35ZR20 PROXES 4 102W
$23 - Road Hazard

All together it adds up to $720 - Shipped

Quick Reply: Gloss Black 20" Shelby Redlines