Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My v-6 bogus Stang

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Default My v-6 bogus Stang

I was questioned about my v-6 Stang and all the the bogus front and rear CS and GT-500 yesterday just before getting on the freeway,then verbally assaulted about my bogus V-6 Stang. The guy had a very nice screaming yellow 05-06' Gt. My GT is pretty quiet at the light but when we entered side by side on the entrance ramp I unloaded and quickly ripped him a new one getting on the freeway. I love two lane entrance ramps. My Gt is no speed demon but my Comp Cam 1 upgrade is just enough to wake up and pull pretty hard at the light.
That V-6 spoiler gets me trouble all the time.
Attached Thumbnails My v-6 bogus Stang-hpim0315.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 10:10 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'd love to have Justin (VMP tuning) V6 for a day or two.
He's in stock appearance but packing 395hp at the wheels and I'd love to meet that pricklet on one of those ramps!

Good one P.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Am I stupid, or does your car actually have "GT" badges? Wtf was that guy smoking thinking it was a V6?

And why the hell do some GT owners ever feel the need to flex muscles in front of 4.0 owners anyway? It's just kinda sad... I'd rather eat rice.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Yeah I never got why other mustangs try racing me. I dont think that is what these cars are about. We are supposed to destroy rice, not each other haha
Old 05-11-2009, 04:22 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

But what if i'm tired of rice and just want some competition, if i ever see a mustang that has mods I'll say hi and then rev it the rest I leave to them to decide, only one time I've hated a V6 owner and he had his car tagged up as a GT and was going around saying it was a GT only way you could tell it wasn't was by trunk badge.

My opinion on Rice
I get a tingly feeling when I hear another mustang near by my town is all Euro cars at least 5 Mcars and even more AMG's driven my kids taking dad's car out, feels much better ripping them a new hole rather than a guy who drive a rice mobile. We have a good stretch of that is 4 lanes wide I've only been ballsy enough to go at it once on it but it was a matchup I couldn't resist, Z28, Me, and a Rossion. Rossion screwed us, I screwed camaro cause he couldn't shift for his life.

http://www.rossioncars.com/

BTW Poco I love your car

Last edited by ahddm; 05-11-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I have a GT with no badges and I was in front of a Corvette and Actually left him at the redlight before I even knew he was there. Anyway he eventually caught up with me at 60 miles or so being that I let him, damn if I'm going to race a corvette gong 70 in a 45 but I think he got some mustang shock though ; )

Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

by the way if I see a shelby gt or another S-197 I get the need to race just to see how my mods are working. 4.10 gears, CAI/Tune, Underdrive Pullys, Prochamber with cats and axlebacks.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Here around Fort Hood, all of the new soldiers get back from deployment and buy sports cars. Usually, they toss a lot of money down on an S-197 GT, throw a stripe on it, and put some 20's on it, then stop at every stoplight and rev it at you, no matter who you are. Half the time, I ignore them, but if I'm having a good day, I just smile and wave back, and turn off the traction control. Luckily, my exhaust just has a slight rumble/pulse when idling at a light. But when it turns green, you see the black magic fly by. =P

It's sad to think about it, but a GT with CAI/tune and exhaust pretty much is raping everyone around here. I'm going to hafta tear down my wanna-race impulses before I throw a S/C on!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

glad to hear that's there choice of machinery and god bless the soldiers! Interesting your mods make a difference. I think about the supercharger but the way my wife is she just isn't going to play that .

Last edited by Daniel60; 05-11-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
Am I stupid, or does your car actually have "GT" badges? Wtf was that guy smoking thinking it was a V6?

And why the hell do some GT owners ever feel the need to flex muscles in front of 4.0 owners anyway? It's just kinda sad... I'd rather eat rice.
I think it was just that v-6 spoiler. I like it. But it makes no diff to me what kind of stang your driving...because your driving one is all that matters. Life is way to short to have your knickers in a twist,especially around your brain.

Nice ride Daniel!

Quick Reply: My v-6 bogus Stang