Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervini's Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007grabberGt
thanks

That is a bada** car.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TonyGT
what about the edges.?? some of them look off.. or is it just me?

These are the edges i am talking about. I have seen this on a few cars. Do they line up 100%??

Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 PM
warnen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TonyGT
These are the edges i am talking about. I have seen this on a few cars. Do they line up 100%??

Never really noticed anything in person might be a trick of the camera. Would go look to make sure but my car is in the shop for at least another 2 weeks (an old lady ran a light and tboned me).

here is my car with the stock hood, looks like there is a gap there as well.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:42 PM
warnen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cagefightmma
Does anyone know if you can you order a ram air hood from Cervini's and add their ram air kit later or does it have to be purchased together? I am thinking of buying their ram air hood, either the 1171 or 1181.
I added the kit about a week after. Depending on the kit it might have to be painted, lucky mine was flat black and thats how I wanted it so I didn't paint it.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 PM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

I saw a few at a large mustang show this past weekend which had a smaller gap between the edge of the hood and the fender as they got closer to the front - but honestly it's not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. I'm a total **** about my car, and I don't even think it would bug me really.. I guess I'll know next week.

FWIW the car which won "best paint" and "people's choice" had a Cervini's Concept hood on it (hell yeah!) and the top place "best of show" car also had a Cervini's hood, I believe the same one 07grabberGt has - so apparently the fit and finish didn't bug people too much! =)
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
cagefightmma
1st Gear Member

Cervini parts seem to fit the best, they are just so damn expensive!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM
cagefightmma
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=warnen;6290077]Never really noticed anything in person might be a trick of the camera. Would go look to make sure but my car is in the shop for at least another 2 weeks (an old lady ran a light and tboned me).

That would bother the crap outta me.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 AM
warnen
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=cagefightmma;6331114]
Originally Posted by warnen
Never really noticed anything in person might be a trick of the camera. Would go look to make sure but my car is in the shop for at least another 2 weeks (an old lady ran a light and tboned me).

That would bother the crap outta me.
Its been a month and my car still isn't done. I was supossed to be done last week but they ordered a wrong part so as of friday it still needed a new rear axle and paint. They told me it would be done tomorrow but I can't see how. Gonna call later today and check up on it.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

I love my hood. No problems so far other than I really need to hood pins

Old 07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by matts2007mustangCS/GT
I ordered my hood from the factory...thought about having them paint it since it would be cheaper and less hassle. I'm glad I didn't since the first hood delivered was damaged in freight. I could only imagine what it would have done to the paint.

Is yours the '67 hood? Do have have any other pics of it? I cant decide between it and the concept hood.

Quick Reply: Cervini's Hoods