Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Steeda Drop and Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda Drop and Front bumper

So i have the Steeda Springs on my GT. lowered it 1.25 in the front, i think.. love the low look.. BUT I am almost ready to buy a body kit. Either the Roush or the Elanor kit.. but will i drag on everything?? is the Roush bumper not as low??

anyone have the steeda drop and body kit? pics??

thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
war machine 115
2nd Gear Member

Here's my car with the C-series kit, Steeda springs, and the stock 17" wheels. I daily drive the car and so far I have not hit the front bumper on anything yet. Speed bumps aren't fun though and I have to watch where I go all the time. I can't make it up my driveway or into some parking lots because of hills and stuff. The exhaust is the only thing that has been scraped but it's only the clamps under the car so I'm not worried about it. I do have 20s with taller tires going on the car this weekend so I'll gain clearance. Great looking kit but if does require more caution while driving.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:50 AM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

War. I LOVE YOUR GT.. that's the look i was thinking about going with but with no side pipes for me. But i can't afford that hood.. lol.. LOVE IT tho. sweet ride.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
war machine 115
2nd Gear Member

Thanks...if you're just doing the Cervini front then you should be fine with your drop. Just watch for big hills and curbs.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Just be careful.....I am not trying to sway you from joining the Cervini lovers club as I am a member but the roush front is not nearly as low. I wanted the same springs but sold them as I was worried about the drop in the front. My problem is the front 30 series tires are NOT even 27 inches tall and that is my problem. I have never scraped the exhaust but have scraped the driverrs side front bumper going up a cut out driveway (mine) too fast and have ssince replaced the whole cover (extreme I know but I use the car for show and go on nice days. The next set of tires will give about 1 inch more height in the front and 1.5 inches in the back and then I will drop the car. Click on the link in my sig and as far as I am concerned and by what I have been told by many the front looks lowered because of the kit and the low profile tires. The back on the other hand needs a drop but until I get tires I will just wait.

Either choice will work with some careful planning on your part IMO as you have to take driveways into plazas at a severe angle and go real slow over speed bumps so the suspension wont compress and cause the car to further lower itself. This is with the stock springs though. Aftermarket springs are progressive in rates and will be much harder to compress at the same speed over a bump or speed bump as that is what they are designed for and maybe the reason war machine and yourself wont have the issues I have with the front and normal or higher speeds other then a crawl over a bump or pothole.

.....airide suspension solves all of this! (well most of it)
Old 06-12-2009, 07:30 AM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Just be careful.....I am not trying to sway you from joining the Cervini lovers club as I am a member but the roush front is not nearly as low. I wanted the same springs but sold them as I was worried about the drop in the front. My problem is the front 30 series tires are NOT even 27 inches tall and that is my problem. I have never scraped the exhaust but have scraped the driverrs side front bumper going up a cut out driveway (mine) too fast and have ssince replaced the whole cover (extreme I know but I use the car for show and go on nice days. The next set of tires will give about 1 inch more height in the front and 1.5 inches in the back and then I will drop the car. Click on the link in my sig and as far as I am concerned and by what I have been told by many the front looks lowered because of the kit and the low profile tires. The back on the other hand needs a drop but until I get tires I will just wait.

Either choice will work with some careful planning on your part IMO as you have to take driveways into plazas at a severe angle and go real slow over speed bumps so the suspension wont compress and cause the car to further lower itself. This is with the stock springs though. Aftermarket springs are progressive in rates and will be much harder to compress at the same speed over a bump or speed bump as that is what they are designed for and maybe the reason war machine and yourself wont have the issues I have with the front and normal or higher speeds other then a crawl over a bump or pothole.

.....airide suspension solves all of this! (well most of it)
VERY GOOD INFO!!.. I will get some pics and measurements of the stock bumper with the steeda drop i now have on the GT. Maybe this will lead into some info as how low the front would be with the Roush and Cervini fronts. I like the look of the Cervini the best and i want to go with the Elanor kit minus the side pipes. The steeda drop feels really good. it's not to stiff but for sure is LOWER. I will get some pics and see if anyone can help with some measurements on the other bumpers..

sweet info mygt500, thank you!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM
war machine 115
2nd Gear Member

I'll measure my front bumper when I get home for you.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:04 PM
war machine 115
2nd Gear Member

Here's what I have on my stock 17" wheels...

Side of the front bumper by wheel well - ~3.75"
Belly pan under front bumper - ~3"
Lowest point at the front of the bumper - ~3.5"
Lowest point of the side skirt around exhaust tips - ~3.75
Lowest point of the exhaust at the clamps - ~2.25

My taller tires and 20" wheels go on tomorrow so I can compare with new measurements if you'd like.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
iluvbeatles

Good luck man.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by war machine 115
Here's what I have on my stock 17" wheels...

Side of the front bumper by wheel well - ~3.75"
Belly pan under front bumper - ~3"
Lowest point at the front of the bumper - ~3.5"
Lowest point of the side skirt around exhaust tips - ~3.75
Lowest point of the exhaust at the clamps - ~2.25

My taller tires and 20" wheels go on tomorrow so I can compare with new measurements if you'd like.
Awesome info !!! So if i got that kit i would have similar measurements right? I have the Steeda Springs but have the factory 18's.

Quick Reply: Steeda Drop and Front bumper