Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Where to put Brenspeed Gel Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:42 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

^oh that's a good idea
Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by balls8302
would these fit on the rear medallion?
Another good idea! I actually thought of this as well....I did a quick check and the Brenspeed emblem is considerably smaller than the black portion of the faux gas cap on the trunk. I didn't check closely enough to see if will actually cover up the "GT" portion of faux gas cap....I just figured that since it wasn't a close to perfect fit for the black portion it wouldn't look quite right on there. This is another good option and I think I will go back and check and see exactly how much of the rear "GT" medallion is covered up by the brenspeed emblem. Maybe it will still look good if it covers the entire "GT" portion and I can get it centered.

Thanks for everyone's help here so far! I'm not much for putting emblems on vehicles but since Brenspeed did such an excellent job with my supercharger I figured some props were due. I'd like to keep things as clean as possible....maybe I have to reconsider removing the "GT" emblems and putting the Brenspeend Gel Emblems on the front fender panels like shown in Brenspeed's original picture for the product.

I remain torn....damn it!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by balls8302
would these fit on the rear medallion?
Well, checked last night and unfortunately the Brenspeed gel emblem is not large enough to cover the "GT" on the faux gas cap...so that idea is out.

I played around with a couple different positions last night and think I like the look of one on the trunk centered above the passenger side taillight and the other centered on top of the front bumper in front of the driver side front headlight.

At this point I am torn between doing as described above or taking the plunge and remove the GT emblems of the fenders and replacing those the the Brenspeed gel emblems. Decisions, decisions......AAAHHHHH!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

The gas cap might've looked funny anyway because of how the gel emblems bulge, so you'd end up having this little mountain of plastic and rubber on your trunk. I think I like the idea of the trunk over the tail light and on the front bumper better than replacing the GT badges
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
The gas cap might've looked funny anyway because of how the gel emblems bulge, so you'd end up having this little mountain of plastic and rubber on your trunk. I think I like the idea of the trunk over the tail light and on the front bumper better than replacing the GT badges
Thanks for the input Stagg! I am leaning towards the trunk and front bumper as well. I think I'm gonna be putting the Brenspeed gel emblems on this weekend so unless someone else chimes in with a brilliant idea as to where else I can put them they will be going on the trunk and front bumper.

One last plea.....any other ideas?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM
millpond
1st Gear Member

To keep the number of badges to a minimum and enhance the clean look I'd remove the GT badges and place them there...they should cover the fender holes nicely. Wherever you end up putting them...post some pics!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by millpond
To keep the number of badges to a minimum and enhance the clean look I'd remove the GT badges and place them there...they should cover the fender holes nicely. Wherever you end up putting them...post some pics!
Thanks a lot Millpond!!! LOL!! Just when i thought I had my mind made up u have me thinking about removing the GT badges again. I'm all about minimizing the badges and keeping things clean.

I never dreamed this would be such a tough decision when I picked up these Brenspeed emblems....
Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM
millpond
1st Gear Member

Another spot where the badges could work...on the pillar between the side windows. (You have probably already considered that).
Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by millpond
Another spot where the badges could work...on the pillar between the side windows. (You have probably already considered that).
Having a vert I don't think I have the pillars you are referring to. That is a good idea for a coupe though for sure! I've also given some consideration to just one emblem on the lower center of the rear window of the vert top.

Still up in the air and the weekend of install is fast approaching. I guess it's down to trunk/front bumper or pull the "GT" badges....
Old 07-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by PistolPez73
I picked up a couple of Brenspeed Gel Emblems a while back and have been in debate mode as to where to put them on my ride. I am not really into the idea of removing the GT emblems to replace them with the Brenspeed Gel Emblems. Here's a link to the Emblems I'm talking about.....

http://www.brenspeed.com/brenspeedgel.html

Anyone have ideas as to where I should put them?
Toolbox, trophy case or under the hood.

Quick Reply: Where to put Brenspeed Gel Emblems