Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Christmas in August!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

Smile Christmas in August!!!!!!

The truck had just dropped off my hood when the UPS driver pulls up with rest of my stuff. I got a 67 Cervinis hood, CDC classic chin spoiler and billet upper and lower grills. I am really surprised in the way they pack the hoods. Not much protection at all. Just a box and a couple pieces of foam. One corner was hanging out of the box but it had a metal bracket bolted to it so no damage, some minor rub marks here and there but nothing that wont easily be taken out during prep. I will say the trucking company they use is great. I called the local YRC trucking terminal this morning asking what the shipping charges were and if they knew when it would be delivered. She gave me the total and said the driver would call about an hour before arriving but she would check to make sure it was going out today. She called me back about 10min later and said she was having loaded now and the driver would call me. About an hour later he calls saying he is at the Home Depot by my house and as soon as he gets done unloading he would be by. 45mins later he arrives. He notices the bracket hanging out and suggests checking everything. After inspecting it he helps carry to my garage and BSs alittle about cars. Most of these trucking companies will hardly do anymore than they have to to get the stuff off of their truck let alone point out something wrong. Now that everything is unboxed I need a moment alone
Attached Thumbnails Christmas in August!!!!!!-image_064.jpg  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:27 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

LUCKY DOG! LOL I'm sure thats gonna go well on you're car bro. Congrats...Enjoy your moment
Old 08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Nice! Love the hood! Post some pics when you get all together. I love Santie Claws!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

UPS delivering Stang parts is a natural high, enjoy!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

Nice delivery, I bet you're pumped!

I'm looking forward to the day when I receive my Cervini's parts...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:19 PM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vectorpat
The truck had just dropped off my hood when the UPS driver pulls up with rest of my stuff. I got a 67 Cervinis hood, CDC classic chin spoiler and billet upper and lower grills. I am really surprised in the way they pack the hoods. Not much protection at all. Just a box and a couple pieces of foam. One corner was hanging out of the box but it had a metal bracket bolted to it so no damage, some minor rub marks here and there but nothing that wont easily be taken out during prep. I will say the trucking company they use is great. I called the local YRC trucking terminal this morning asking what the shipping charges were and if they knew when it would be delivered. She gave me the total and said the driver would call about an hour before arriving but she would check to make sure it was going out today. She called me back about 10min later and said she was having loaded now and the driver would call me. About an hour later he calls saying he is at the Home Depot by my house and as soon as he gets done unloading he would be by. 45mins later he arrives. He notices the bracket hanging out and suggests checking everything. After inspecting it he helps carry to my garage and BSs alittle about cars. Most of these trucking companies will hardly do anymore than they have to to get the stuff off of their truck let alone point out something wrong. Now that everything is unboxed I need a moment alone

You painting the chin?

Is that the grill from American Muscle?
Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

Not sure if we are going to paint it or not. i stuck it on there and it doesnt look too bad. It does have a texture to it so I dont know how well it will look painted. Yes those grills are from AM, they are Stack Racing.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Paint it! and it looks great...post some after pics too