Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Street Scene Gen 1 bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Default Street Scene Gen 1 bumper

I really need some feedback. I've been trying and trying to decide which bumper to go with. I had all but decided on the CS front to replace my stock one after hitting a deer. Problem is, if I'm going to upgrade I sort of want something that looks less stock than the CS. Even though the CS is hot and it's a sure fit.

I've considered the C-series, but it's pretty pricey to complete the kit and I don't have that much money right now and don't want to drive around looking like I half did it for several months. (still not counting it out, though)

I'm leaning toward the Street Scene Gen 1 kit but I'm not seeing a lot of people using them or any feedback about the fit of these bumpers. The Gen 1 would cost about the same as the CS bumper to have it completed (lower grill is all I need extra from what I can tell)

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I need to make a decision soon.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I think the SS kit will require more prep work to get right which im not sure your insurance would want to pay for. Personally i would go with the saleen front or gt/cs. The one pic i just looked up of the street scene kit didnt look very good where as and saleen or cs i say looks nice.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Most people with that bumper have been disapointed with the lower grille due to the big opening. It's hard to fill it with a grille that's not "in your face" kinda look.
If I was to use that bumper, I definitely would make a custom grille with OEM size fog lights in it.
Easier said than done but that's my take on it...
Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to see some pix of that Bumper on a black car. I sort of like the big opening, of course I'd buy the black lower grill from SS. The opening is a little on the big side, but the CS is just a little on the tame/stock side. I need a happy medium.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I just dug up an old thread that is filled with some great front ends, no SS kits that i know of but still some great ideas
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...front-end.html
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Here's a picture of a black Gen1 bumper.
Not a great shot but that's all I got...

Last edited by pascal; 10-05-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
I just dug up an old thread that is filled with some great front ends, no SS kits that i know of but still some great ideas
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...front-end.html

Wow, that was a great thread. Now I'm even more confused about what to get. Too bad the grill for the C-series is so damn expensive. It costs more than the bumper does just for the lower grill.

I'm sure I could get some small lights to fit it that are pretty cheap. But $350 for the bumper and $538 for the grill is a little crazy.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:17 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Here's a picture of a black Gen1 bumper.
Not a great shot but that's all I got...

I've been digging through cardomain.com for hours now and I'm really seeing a lot of the gen 1 SS fronts that look really good on black cars.

I'm about 75% sold on it. I don't think it would look as funny without side skirts as the C-series would either.

The CS front looks great on a car that isn't black because of the way the center of it is black and it contrasts with the car. But on a black car, it just all runs together and looks pretty much stock Gt to me.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Go for it.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Can you tell I'm a little OCD about my decisions? I figure I got one shot at this and I want to make sure I get the most out of my unfortunate incident. Trying to make lemons into lemonade I guess.

I was really hoping someone on here could give me some feedback that had actually installed the SS gen 1 first hand.

Quick Reply: Street Scene Gen 1 bumper