Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

fender badge ideas and pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

well, I ordered the lightining bolts from that nissan. They will be modified though. We'll see if they look any good and then I'll decide if they go on..
Old 12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
'06-'09 are virtually the same with some tweakage here and there.Most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the differance at a glace and I don't show my car, but it just kinda comes down to the fact that I personally don't like to "fake" my mustang into something it isn't. Such as the Shelby reference. I did consider those emblems at one point.. Well I wanted a '09 but they had become difficult to find in Spring '09..I settled with an '06 and the emblems had crossed my mind but I gave up on that idea.
Absolutely! Even if you don't show your car, I'm sure it would feel really crappy if you have a friend one day that says "Hey, aren't those badges from a different year than yours?" No one likes to look stupid and there is always someone out there that will point out your mistakes or goof ups no matter how small they are. I too like to keep my car as FORD intended it cause I don't want to feel foolish one day. Also, who knows, one day you may get the bug to show it some place and all you need is for a judge to call out some problem with your badges or something. It's like back in the 80's the people that had the Pontiac Fieros and they would change the body panels to make it look like a Ferrari. Looked really fake and really gay. If I didn't have the 09, I wouldn't add the badges even though I agree they are cool looking.

Glad you liked the lightning bolt idea. I had never even heard of that Nissan model, so I doubt anyone will make the connection.

Last edited by chronos; 12-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Talking sig

Originally Posted by eddypython
yeah, the punisher skulls are nice. I have to put those on the list along with those 2 lighting bolts.

mcstang. love the sig man.. lol I thought about the batman one. just not sure if it would look right on a mustang lol
Thanks...I need to re-do it though because the car has changed. They are always changing...
Old 12-24-2009, 10:47 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Ok, so my car is in the shop getting few coats of paint and the badges are off. As much as I hate the GT badge I can't find anything else that I like either.

I don't like the Stang lettering one, the running pony tribar, or the V8 lettering, or the engine size ones, nor the Powered by ford rectangle..
I've searched the forums and spent ****less hours on Google image looking for ideas and can't find anything that sparks an interest.

I want to see what " different " ideas some of you guys came up with.

One idea I had but I can't find anyone for the life of me find it nor find anyone that offers any for sale.

I would love a pony that either has it's hind legs kickin, or standing on its hind legs..
I'm willing to even paint this black and put it on but it looks a bit overdone..

anyways help me out here.
you'll have to forgive me for asking, but why is the car in the shop getting painted? everything alright?
Old 12-25-2009, 12:05 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Remember seeing that big ol scratch in P-cola ? both you and darryl said you can't really see. Well the first shop F-d up my car with their ****ty paint job.. the second shop is now fixing their screw up.. here's a " speechless " pic of her in the shop. Took this the other day..

almost 75 % of the car is getting painted. no biggie though. 2012 is around the corner

Old 12-25-2009, 01:24 AM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

At some pont I wanna get badges made with the logo in my sig. You should come up with a custom logo based around your cars theme.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Might as well wait till the paint is done and then post a pic so we can get an idea of what is missing. Plus id like to see the clean look first
Old 12-25-2009, 04:57 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Old 12-25-2009, 09:29 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

I like the black skull ALOT...I want it were can i get it? anyone else have this already?...Mellow that looks good and the lighting bolt will look good on your ride python. What did the first shop do to mess up your paint? I have some places I am not happy with as well and could see this being me in the future with the repaint!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 AM
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06

That looks very cool, I have set of those too but havent put them on yet ( blue of course )

Quick Reply: fender badge ideas and pics