Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Magnetic Blackout panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
07_STANG

Unhappy Magnetic Blackout panel

so i came home today expecting my new blackout panel ordered from americanmuscle.com and when i unrolled it from the box the piece seems to be scratched an honestly not in best condition was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if you returned and got it replaced or perhaps if you cleaned piece and got it looking better thanks guys appriciate the help
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Call them. AM customer service has been praised by most. They'll likely give you a return authorization.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

You know we all expect our orders to come in, in nice shape and let us screw them up, just like my MAC pipes, looked nice online got them, had to bang the hell out the bent end that slides on where old clamps meet up area and stainless steel which was beautiful had marks all over where you can't see once they are on, but I said hell with it not going through hassle sending back, kind leary on ordering tires and wheels at $2000 from tire rack they come in marked up and hassle sending back...
Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

My magnetic panel from AM actually came in kinda crappy even after I unrolled it. Wasn't necessarily the shape of it, but there were fingernail imprints all in the panel!!! Well, I put it on anyways, and I never called them to complain, but the sun eventually smoothed it out fine for me.. though yours sounds in even worse condition being a scratch. I'm sure they will help you out though.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Give them a call, they'll replace it or you can request a refund. I ordered a set of painted window louvers from them and noticed a few flaws. They emailed me a UPS call-tag and I sent them back. Good customer service. You should look into the new "Stack" panel or the SHR panel, much nicer IMO.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A lot of people don't like the magnetic panel. But my g/f ordered one anyway for her Pony and, to be honest, for the money it looks great.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I think it looks pretty good for the money and the fit was very tight. A lot of people didn't know it was a giant magnet..
Old 01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
kind leary on ordering tires and wheels at $2000 from tire rack they come in marked up and hassle sending back...
I wouldn't worry about that. Tire Rack does an unbelievable job packaging tire/wheel sets.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

This is why to this day I still prefer NOT to buy things online. I will pay a little more and go see and touch whatever I am buying. Even when I go to a store I never get the first package on the rack. I always dig back to the ones in the back so they haven't been knocked down or played around with by everyone that comes by looking at that product. At least buying from a store I can go back and yell at someone. Online they can ignore you. Not saying that will happen to you, just not something I wish to deal with. I actually bought my first item online the other day. I had to buy a torsion spring for my garage door. Could not get one locally so I had no choice. Did it cause I saved myself $70 installing it myself instead of paying some rip off artist contractor. They always make the jobs bigger than they have to be.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
This is why to this day I still prefer NOT to buy things online. I will pay a little more and go see and touch whatever I am buying. Even when I go to a store I never get the first package on the rack. I always dig back to the ones in the back so they haven't been knocked down or played around with by everyone that comes by looking at that product. At least buying from a store I can go back and yell at someone. Online they can ignore you. Not saying that will happen to you, just not something I wish to deal with. I actually bought my first item online the other day. I had to buy a torsion spring for my garage door. Could not get one locally so I had no choice. Did it cause I saved myself $70 installing it myself instead of paying some rip off artist contractor. They always make the jobs bigger than they have to be.
I love online shopping
Though I need to know IT IS what I want lol. The return shipping hassle is the very annoying part. I also pick the packages from the back at the store.. I don't need people man handling my goods lol.

Quick Reply: Magnetic Blackout panel