Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

First pics of car + new interior + roush front

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
i was thinking about getting the chin spoiler but i scraped coming out parking lots 3 times today = /
I got the 2010 leather on ebay from a ford dealer
I just had the Roush front fascias installed along with the chin spoiler. Just got the car back yesterday.. already scraped the bottom
You have to be very diligent about it, otherwise it's bound to happen sooner or later. From the looks of it, if I don't want further scraping pains, I might not be able to lower my car.

You'r Roush front looks great though!!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

yeah i am definitely not lowering my car now, isn't there a way of approaching bumps at an angle to avoid scraping?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
yeah i am definitely not lowering my car now, isn't there a way of approaching bumps at an angle to avoid scraping?
You can, but you have to be very slow and cautious, but sometimes the roads are just that crappy and not much you can do to avoid or the angle just won't allow it. I know there is a dip in the road that crosses an intersection that I travel through occasionally.. and it will cause a problem for me. You can even see all the scratches in the road from all the cars it messed up. I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to just pain myself every time I have to go over a speed bump.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

Looks great ! Do the 2010 seats bolt right up without any modifications ?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

well there the seat covers, so you would have to disassemble your seats to put them on, but yeah the fit just fine.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking of putting in a bullitt grille, what do you guys think?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

I think red leather is starting to grow on me. Looks great! I noticed your doors are two-tone grey with black insert. I wonder how my black doors would look with a grey insert. Hmmm, now I'm thinking...
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

ANGLES.............Take bumps and drive ways at fat ANGLES!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
ksguy73

Looks great! Lowering the front facia then lowering the suspension definitely adds a new dimension to driving. I haven't had any problems yet but it is constantly in the back of my head when driving. We have some seriously mean speed bumps getting on base and I have seen many extremely low cars make it over them fine by taking then at an angle. I vote for the bullitt grill.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Torch Red, anything in black will look awesome on your car. With your black wheels your car is screaming for more black. I would remove and paint GT on doors in black. Its a small thing but will look so good. I even taped up my pony in the grill and painted it black. That was my cheap out mod since I couldnt decide on which grill to buy. LOL

Tint those windows dark too. Love the new Roush front splitter. Am almost afraid to ask......how much do those cost?

You have a great looking ride!!

patrick

Quick Reply: First pics of car + new interior + roush front