Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Finally ordered Roush spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:23 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

My best advice is to NOT drill any holes in your quarter panels for those spoiler extensions!!
Going back from that will be costly.

Use a cut-off wheel (or Dremel) to cut that one stud right off,
Once you've done that, grind away the remaining stud square base until the spoiler piece is flush with the sheet metal (you might have to go into the plastic a little).
3M tape secure the install without a problem...
Old 02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
RoushGT 1
2nd Gear Member

Once you go Roush you don't go back! I wouldn't use 3m tape for the side pieces. besides the Roush spolier is the best one for the s197 so why would you wanna change it lol.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
My best advice is to NOT drill any holes in your quarter panels for those spoiler extensions!!
Going back from that will be costly.

Use a cut-off wheel (or Dremel) to cut that one stud right off,
Once you've done that, grind away the remaining stud square base until the spoiler piece is flush with the sheet metal (you might have to go into the plastic a little).
3M tape secure the install without a problem...
Not to jack the thread, but how strong is 3M tape? If its strong enough, I'm thinking of just using that to stick on my front license plate so I can save for new tires and rims.. as long as it doesn't look ghetto.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
JBALLOY08GT
2nd Gear Member

I think im going to just drill the quarters I dont plan on removing this spoiler. Thanks for the heads up. I just want to play it safe and secure with the hardware given with the kit.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Not to jack the thread, but how strong is 3M tape? If its strong enough, I'm thinking of just using that to stick on my front license plate so I can save for new tires and rims.. as long as it doesn't look ghetto.
if it's the thin strips, unless they are also screws to hold the spoiler in place- I'd be a little worried about them. The thicker 3M is alot stronger then the strips. Not sure if you ever took off the rear center GT badge, but they're a biotch to get off.

Its also alot to do with prep.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by alkemist
It's plenty strong but the trick is to prep the surface really good with alcohol and keep your fingers away from the tape after that.
I have done a few Roushes and duck tails and none of them fell off after 3 years or more.

You can try to use it on your license plate if it's not recessed too much at the edges...
Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 PM
JBALLOY08GT
2nd Gear Member

Ok so UPS sould be dropping off my spoiler this afternoon than its off to the shop for paint than saturday I will be installig it! Cant wait i'll post some pics when its done but I just wish I still had my 20'' Redlines on for the picture since I have my painted stockers on for the winter.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
JBALLOY08GT
2nd Gear Member

Got some quick shots of the spoiler with my Iphone I'll get some better ones up when I get my Camera back. This is with my painted stockers getting new tires soon for the Shelby's. So here ya go

Damn antenna came close!!

Old 02-12-2010, 05:15 PM
BadSteed
1st Gear Member

I like that Charliebrown266, Does that make it harder to see when backing? Does it sit higher than the stock GT spoiler?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JBALLOY08GT

Looks awesome! So did you end up installing it yourself or did the shop do it?

Quick Reply: Finally ordered Roush spoiler