Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Mach 1 Hood Blackout vinyl/decal

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Default Mach 1 Hood Blackout vinyl/decal

I've been shopping around for a hood blackout decal/vinyl set but really can't find any.

Hope this member doesn't mind me posting pics

Well, I did find two sites. One of em sells the stencil, but i'd rather have the vinyl just incase my taste change down the road. The other place that sells them (Rocky Mountain Grph) wont return my emails when I inquired about the vinyl. Sucks too cause I've been waiting to pull the trigger for a couple of days now.

I did stop by the vehicle wrap place and they want 300 bucks for just...basically a REALLY THICK stripe. I'd rather have the 'real' blackout (With the pinstripe).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Can't help you, but just wanted to say I like your choice. You don't see to many of that combo around, so it will be rather unique. I don't know what color your car is but that red/black combo looks great.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 PM
bigherm00
1st Gear Member

You should email Rob @ BaltimoreStreetMods. If he doesn't already have it, he might make you one.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

^
Thanks, I'll shoot over an email to him
Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 PM
48prerunner
2nd Gear Member

could always just buy the vinyl and cut it yourself, is it over 36" wide, what is on the racecraft saleen cars is that paint?

http://z.about.com/d/mustangs/1/0/I/...tang.2.500.jpg

Last edited by 48prerunner; 02-10-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: link added
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
geckoman1220
2nd Gear Member

https://www.rockymountaingraphics.co...&search=&page=

heres one, but it's in 2 pieces so there is going to be a seem down the middle. I too want the '69 style hood stripe.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Can't help you, but just wanted to say I like your choice. You don't see to many of that combo around, so it will be rather unique. I don't know what color your car is but that red/black combo looks great.
Here's the original

I want to buy the vinyl then paint the hoodscoop to match, hopefully make it darker than what it is now.

As for Rockymountaingraphics, they're the first guys I went to. I sent them an email a couple days ago and didn't get a response. I would have bought already if they would have replied...
Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

You have good taste dude. I love the Dark Candy Apple Red. I think it's the best color Ford has, and the name cant be beat. Has a real nostalgic sound to it. They could have gone with something stupid like "Starburst Red". Naw, that just doesn't sound like it belongs on a retro Mustang. BTW if you have the stock side stripe, then I have the same one. Just can't see it too well on my sig cause of the shadow.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
You have good taste dude. I love the Dark Candy Apple Red. I think it's the best color Ford has, and the name cant be beat. Has a real nostalgic sound to it. They could have gone with something stupid like "Starburst Red". Naw, that just doesn't sound like it belongs on a retro Mustang. BTW if you have the stock side stripe, then I have the same one. Just can't see it too well on my sig cause of the shadow.
Yeah, I absolutley love the Dark Candy Apple Red. I kinda like the fact you cant really see our rockers, lol. You sorta have to squint your eyes a little bit to notice em. Although they were one of the biggest reasons why I was attracted to the car. I was thinking of getting a BOSS styled side stripe, but i'm in love with the stockers.

I was up in the clouds messing with snapfire and somehow came up with the result you see in the pic, lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:15 AM
RMGraphics
Banned

Originally Posted by Deadbeat
I've been shopping around for a hood blackout decal/vinyl set but really can't find any.

Hope this member doesn't mind me posting pics

Well, I did find two sites. One of em sells the stencil, but i'd rather have the vinyl just incase my taste change down the road. The other place that sells them (Rocky Mountain Grph) wont return my emails when I inquired about the vinyl. Sucks too cause I've been waiting to pull the trigger for a couple of days now.

I did stop by the vehicle wrap place and they want 300 bucks for just...basically a REALLY THICK stripe. I'd rather have the 'real' blackout (With the pinstripe).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
What questions did you have about the vinyl? I am sorry I don't remember seeing an email recently about this item. I just checked my junk box as well. What can I help you with?

Quick Reply: Mach 1 Hood Blackout vinyl/decal