Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Painted Mirror Covers - Going CRAZY

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 AM
zazzGT

Default Painted Mirror Covers - Going CRAZY

New Mustang owner and New to this forum, but not new to forums - so before you read me the "Riot Act" about SEARCHING, let me explain.

I did a search for Side Mirror Covers, Painted Side Mirrors and all other combinations. I found some great information and they were all very helpful, but here is my issue. I was at work and thought (this is where I might have gone wrong) that I found a link to a vendor that has painted side covers that included the colored vertical (triangle) piece against the window.

When I got home and tried to look up and search for the same post/thread, I could not find it. I may be completely wrong, but is there a vendor/supplier out there that makes a side cover that includes the mirror and the vertical piece against the window.

And for those that will just say - "paint the mirrors" - not an option at this time, I want a quick easy solution - so thanks, but no thanks.

Any help on this would be great, if I am wrong and there is not a vendor out there, I will just have to go with what is out there.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

lol well i had my mirrors painted, dropped them off to the shop and picked them up the next morning, didn't really take that long
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

maybe try rpi designs...they don't have the side triangle piece but maybe they can hook you up since they do custom paint. I like the mirror caps better though from Stangmods.com Haven't put mine on yet because it's so frickin cold out.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Conn337
1st Gear Member

go to americanmuscle, they sale prepainted parts. Its 100 times easier.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:26 PM
zazzGT

PennState - I agree painting is best, just not for me at this time. By the way, I just can't stop viewing your Avatar - wow, that is one for the classics.

Mcstang & Conn337 - thanks for your input - I did find those vendors and if I can not find the vendor I thought was out there for that vertical trangle piece, I guess that will be my only option.

But I am still holding out hope that it was not a mirage & I really did she it.......
Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
zazzGT

Looks like I was crazy, as nobody responded with a vendor that has a painted vertical triangle piece. I ended up just placing an order with RPI - great price, plus 20% off. Can't wait to see what the look like on the car.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default rpi

Originally Posted by zazzGT
Looks like I was crazy, as nobody responded with a vendor that has a painted vertical triangle piece. I ended up just placing an order with RPI - great price, plus 20% off. Can't wait to see what the look like on the car.
They'll look great. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Conn337
1st Gear Member

Good! Im glad you found it. Post pictures too
Old 02-18-2010, 05:16 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

I saw you ordered already. but wheelskin has these

Old 02-19-2010, 07:19 PM
zazzGT

eddypython - thanks - I think those were the ones I originally found - Damn it! I looked at Wheelskins, but never would have thought to look under the Shelby section - I went straight to Mustang and looked under Mirror Covers. Anyway, I guess I will just have to see how the RPIs' look - if they look good, I will just have to keep them, if not, I will check out the Wheelskins. Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Painted Mirror Covers - Going CRAZY