Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

False Trunk Update... Pics (Cutterwolf Inspired)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

That Roush sticker looks pretty sweet too!
Is it more of a plaque or a heavy duty raised sticker?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by elmo3000
Thanks Chronos, yeah a lot of work!! I bought the trunk liner, however, I think I could have made that myself.... but just one less project that I needed to think about!

As for the dash, I said to my wife that all I wanted for Valentines was a particular sticker.... and she go it for me! (A little concerned at how much she paid for it!!.... but I'm happy)

That is a great looking dash sticker. Expensive, yes, everything for these cars is way overpriced. On the bright side, I'm sure your wife is happy that you are happy and that is priceless. I told you in the other thread that it would look great and it does!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
That Roush sticker looks pretty sweet too!
Is it more of a plaque or a heavy duty raised sticker?
It is a heavy duty raised sticker. Thanks

Originally Posted by chronos
That is a great looking dash sticker. Expensive, yes, everything for these cars is way overpriced. On the bright side, I'm sure your wife is happy that you are happy and that is priceless. I told you in the other thread that it would look great and it does!
So true, and yes you were right.... it is perfect and the fact that my wife got it for me makes it that much more special.

On another note, what do you think would look good on the other side of the Dominator Sign? I have the fire extinguisher on the left, what about the right? I do have another fire extinguisher???

I was thinking about the idea that Cutterwolf had, with the 1st Aid Kit, but I don't think I have the space nor do I want to be a complete copy cat! (Not that his idea isn't great).

What are your thoughts?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

^^ I had to chuckle after reading your post Elmo. Not that there is anything wrong with your question, it was because what was going through my mind. When I first saw your trunk set up it looked great to me, but being a very visual person, and liking for every thing to balance out, my second thought was "What is he going to put on the other side?" Then I thought about it for a second and decided not to say anything since I didn't want to sound like a nit picking *****. Since you asked, I'm glad to see we are both of the same mind. Like I said before, it comes down to what you like best, but I'll throw some ideas out. Things you could put on the other side to balance out the fire extinguisher: A second fire extinguisher, a fake NOS bottle, slender tool box (to match the fire extinguishers general design), chrome coffee thermos (for Cars and Coffee shows), a long, slender amp (fake or real), a die cast model of your car secured with the wheels to the board. I've seen a lot of guys at shows have models that look just like their car (or come close). Another thing you could do, if you don't like any of these ideas, is to dismount the current fire extinguisher and mount it in the center above the DOMINATOR sign. I don't know how visible it would be (hard to tell from the perspective of a picture) but it's a thought. That's just a few off the top of my head. If I do think of others I'll certainly post them.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

There was always going to be something on the other side, just didn't know what to do? I have the other Fire Extinguisher sat in the garage.... think this may be the way forward. I thought NOS (fake bottle) but not so sure how that would look, or just trying too hard..... but yes, we are definitely on the same wavelength.

The other ideas are good, but not taken by them just yet. Keep them coming if you get any more ideas.

Fire extinguisher is winning so far
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Idea: A Best In Show trophy?

/hijack

Elmo,
www.mdpatriotstangs.com
Do it.

/hijack
Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Lol, I was going to send elmo a pm about the md patriot stangs. I would and I'm sure the other members would love to check out your mustang and have you around
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
Idea: A Best In Show trophy?

/hijack

Elmo,
www.mdpatriotstangs.com
Do it.

/hijack
Originally Posted by alkemist
Lol, I was going to send elmo a pm about the md patriot stangs. I would and I'm sure the other members would love to check out your mustang and have you around

DONE!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Out of curiosity, how did you manage to secure yours??
I ran a couple of screws in along the top edge.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

There was always going to be something on the other side, just didn't know what to do? I have the other Fire Extinguisher sat in the garage.... think this may be the way forward. I thought NOS (fake bottle) but not so sure how that would look, or just trying too hard..... but yes, we are definitely on the same wavelength.

The other ideas are good, but not taken by them just yet. Keep them coming if you get any more ideas.

Fire extinguisher is winning so far
I am in full agreement with you on that. I think two fire extinguishers would frame up the DOMINATOR wording perfectly. I mentioned the others in case you wanted some variety, but I too like the extinguisher idea. It's simple yet elegant. If you ever get tired of it or get a new idea in the future it can always be changed to suit your new mood or taste.

BTW If I wasn't so freaking far away I wouldn't mind seeing that car either.

Quick Reply: False Trunk Update... Pics (Cutterwolf Inspired)