Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Should I install the Stack Racing rear blackout panel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Default Should I install the Stack Racing rear blackout panel?

what do you guys think about a stack racing rear blackout panel?

i think the rear of my car is too plain....thinking this panel might spice it up some...

this is how my beast is right now....

here are some pics of the panel im tihnking about getting....
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-bla...anel-0509.html

at the bottom of that page is a good pic of a red car with the panel installed....

if anyone with photoshop skills can cut the panel from that red car and paste it onto the pic of my car above and post it up for me to see here that would be awesome...

all input is welcome!

Last edited by 0NF1R; 03-12-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
balls8302
1st Gear Member

i also have a perf white car and i'm going to order that exact panel in a few weeks. i think it would look pretty good, but hard to tell with the red and white theme already goin on. maybe someone could photoshop something for ya
Old 03-12-2010, 03:52 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

It's kinda hard to tell for me also, since you got the white, red and chrome theme going on. I would also suggest getting a photo chop.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:52 PM
SpookyStang

I feel like the fins on the Stack Racing panel would be too distracting. It would not flow with the Roush spoiler. The Roush spoiler with that panel would create too many visual focus points on the back of the car. You'd have two focus points, versus one.

If I were you, I'd definitely get a black out panel, but I'd go for a glossy black one. That way the focus point on your car would still be the spoiler and it wouldn't look too busy back there.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
what do you guys think about a stack racing rear blackout panel?

i think the rear of my car is too plain....thinking this panel might spice it up some...

this is how my beast is right now....

here are some pics of the panel im tihnking about getting....
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-bla...anel-0509.html

at the bottom of that page is a good pic of a red car with the panel installed....

if anyone with photoshop skills can cut the panel from that red car and paste it onto the pic of my car above and post it up for me to see here that would be awesome...

all input is welcome!
We have had nothing but good feedback from customers that have bought them from us recently.

If you decide to go with it, look me up and I'll see if i can save you a few dollars on it.

Stack Racing Blackout Panel

Ken
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I have the SHR Honeycomb blaackout panel and think it spices up most any color theme. The honeycomb is the same as whats on the front facad.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by southernmustangparts
We have had nothing but good feedback from customers that have bought them from us recently.

If you decide to go with it, look me up and I'll see if i can save you a few dollars on it.

Stack Racing Blackout Panel

Ken
Ken thanks for chiming in with some review info...

if i decide to go with this panel, it might be a better deal for me to get it from american muscle since their price is the same as yours and they offer free shipping. I dont see free shipping on your site...
Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

if it was smooth i say go for it but im not a fan of the groves. did you check out 3d carbons they have a nice smooth one
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

hmmmm ya, not paying $140 for a decklid panel that still needs to be painted :-)
Old 03-12-2010, 08:57 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

well actually now that i think about it i can buy it and have my brother in law paint it black with flat clear and it will end up matte black.....

okay, now lets find one thats pretty cheap - lol time to find someone selling theirs....

or get a heck of a deal on ebay......

so are we all in agreement that the smooth surface of the 3dcarbon panel will turn out much nicer than the ribbed version from stack racing?

Quick Reply: Should I install the Stack Racing rear blackout panel?