Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

"New" 05 GT Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Default "New" 05 GT Vert

Finally completed the deal on my new GT!

It already had the Roush front facia, chin spoiler, rear spoiler, roll bar, 18x10 wheels, lowered suspension and Nitto 285's all around. I'm adding Borla Stingers, JLT 110mm Carbon Fiber CAI, SCT X3 93 octane tune, G2 RedFire caliper paint and Baer Decelarotors.

What else do I need?

Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Looks pretty slick, and I'm usually not a fan of Verts. Did you go 18x10 all the way around, or just the rears?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:47 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

car looks good man, love the roll bar....it looks like whoever had it last went ahead and painted the corner bumper vents on your front bumper thats just underneath your turn signal.....it would look better black.....

like some mirror covers and maybe even some clear corner lights to clean up the front a bit?

Last edited by 0NF1R; 04-03-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
....it looks like whoever had it last went ahead and painted the corner bumper vents on your front bumper thats just underneath your turn signal.....it would look better black.....
I think you are right...they would look better black! Easy fix. I'm having my paint and body guy do the calipers and some spider web cracks in the chin spoiler next week and he can black the screens on those vents. They also have closure panels behind the screens. Is it OK to leave them off or just paint them black as well?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike Maples
I think you are right...they would look better black! Easy fix. I'm having my paint and body guy do the calipers and some spider web cracks in the chin spoiler next week and he can black the screens on those vents. They also have closure panels behind the screens. Is it OK to leave them off or just paint them black as well?
if u leave the back panels off it will look liek crap because u will be able to see right through it, i tried it on my old car....

just have both the screen and the backing painted black and install them together as it should be....the backing to close off the vent as well as the screen for texture....

you will be pleased once its done :-)
Old 04-03-2010, 10:12 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

BTW, those cracks on your chin spoiler probably came from the previous owner bumping it on something.. if the screws are screwed in too close to the spoiler, it will leave nice little cracks in the paint. I even lightly bumped a patch of snow and the screw pushed forward.. or the spoiler pushed right into the screw, however you want to say it.

The Roush chin spoiler is really touchy.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
BTW, those cracks on your chin spoiler probably came from the previous owner bumping it on something.. if the screws are screwed in too close to the spoiler, it will leave nice little cracks in the paint. I even lightly bumped a patch of snow and the screw pushed forward.. or the spoiler pushed right into the screw, however you want to say it.

The Roush chin spoiler is really touchy.
ya just gotta be responsible about it ;-)
Old 04-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

The scoopless hood really makes for a clean look!

I would swap out the front the turn signal lenses (either clear or smoked) and either some painted mirror covers or Agent 47s with the cups painted to match.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burrosito
Looks pretty slick, and I'm usually not a fan of Verts. Did you go 18x10 all the way around, or just the rears?
It already had 10" all around. I would rather have it staggered if I can find the Roush Wheels in an 8" but no luck so far. Not sure they even make the 18" Roush in anything other than 10" width.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
The scoopless hood really makes for a clean look!

I would swap out the front the turn signal lenses (either clear or smoked) and either some painted mirror covers or Agent 47s with the cups painted to match.
My wife likes the scoop and wants me to add one. I told her I hated to put a non-functional add-on to something that didn't already have it. I like mine low, clean and mean.

I am torn about the mirrors. Not sure I want stick-on covers but those Argent mirrors look pretty nice. I need to see them on a car, in person, before I bite. The cruise-ins are about to start up around here and maybe I can see them on a car.

Quick Reply: "New" 05 GT Vert