Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Finally finished with exterior blackout.....I think

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Eh, to be completely honest, it's a bit much for me. Don't get me wrong, the car looks good, but I think it's a bit overdone. More of a solid black blob than a sleek car, personally.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
jchambers
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
Please help me understand... why does someone take crappy pics, knowing they're taking crappy pics and then apoligize for posting said crappy pics? Why don't you take some time, wash the car and take some nice pics? Other than that... nice car... crappy pics.
Please help me resist the urge to be an *** back. The real reason is like I said, I just got finished applying the stripes. Instructions say do not wash car for a week. So I got excited and posted some pics. Thanks for the kind words.

And I had the mufflers ceramic coated at a local shop. Thanks everyone else for the compliments.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
jchambers
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
Very nice, but get rid of the black taillights- unless you actually want someone to hit you. Everything else on the car is very sleek and steathly looking- kind of what the Night Rider car should have been.
Actually the light shines through VERY well at night and well during the day. Like someone else said, it is almost better because there is more of a contrast from black to red when applying brakes ratehr than red to bright red. It works well, trust me. Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by ejanderson05gt
Eh, to be completely honest, it's a bit much for me. Don't get me wrong, the car looks good, but I think it's a bit overdone. More of a solid black blob than a sleek car, personally.
Thats ok, I know there will be alot of people that hate black wheels, let alone a completely black car. I accept that and thank you for your honest opinion.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

I understand your point about contrast, but I think brightness is more important. It's a mute point since it's your car. BTW, black wheels rock! If anyone wants to trade my silver 18s for black 18s- just send me a PM. I'm not thread jacking- just supporting your opinion on black wheels.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:29 PM
jchambers
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
I understand your point about contrast, but I think brightness is more important. It's a mute point since it's your car. BTW, black wheels rock! If anyone wants to trade my silver 18s for black 18s- just send me a PM. I'm not thread jacking- just supporting your opinion on black wheels.
rock on, lol
Old 05-25-2010, 10:33 PM
JRANGER
1st Gear Member

that is awesome
Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

nice
kinda mad u got this up b4 me bc i am doing the exact same thing lol
just blacked out my badges a week ago now im savign up for the wheels and stripes and tint
u gave me something to look forward for how good it looks!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Talk about blacked out

Looks great
Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
bamawake
1st Gear Member

i love it especially the stripes nice work
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member