Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Ford-a-tude gauges installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

Unique and cool-looking. Very nice.

The grammar **** in me wants to point out that "it's" means "it is" and is not the possessive form of "it," which is actually "its." So whenever you say things like "Put the steering wheel in it's lowest position," you are actually saying "Put the steering wheel in IT IS lowest position." You might want to touch up your directions a bit.

Don't mind me, my boss for the past 15 years used to be an English teacher, so you can only imagine the typos I've learned to spot within milliseconds of scanning a page or screen to avoid her red pen...

Great gauges man.

Last edited by Hamhole; 03-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

We're gear head junkies on these boards...
We don't speak/write/type in Engles mmmmkay?
And tell your boss that I can think of a perfect place where she can stick that red pen at!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hamhole
Unique and cool-looking. Very nice.

The grammar **** in me wants to point out that "it's" means "it is" and is not the possessive form of "it," which is actually "its." So whenever you say things like "Put the steering wheel in it's lowest position," you are actually saying "Put the steering wheel in IT IS lowest position." You might want to touch up your directions a bit.

Don't mind me, my boss for the past 15 years used to be an English teacher, so you can only imagine the typos I've learned to spot within milliseconds of scanning a page or screen to avoid her red pen...

Great gauges man.
Considering I was typing that at night, with a case of the flu, if that is the most egregious spelling or grammatical error, I consider it a minor miracle.

If you're going to correct every error in every post on this board, you're going to be extremely busy.

I fixed it for you

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 03-28-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Considering I was typing that at night, with a case of the flu, if that is the most egregious spelling or grammatical error, I consider it a minor miracle.

If you're going to correct every error in every post on this board, you're going to be extremely busy.

I fixed it for you
That's more like it Paul!
Started to worry about you...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I applaud the workmanship the ingenuity. The design is gross. There is a reason that lights in airplanes are red and that gauges forever have been white numerals on black back grounds. The less light shinning in your eyes the less you pupils contact the better you can see at night. That gauge cluster is a safety hazard.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
I applaud the workmanship the ingenuity. The design is gross. There is a reason that lights in airplanes are red and that gauges forever have been white numerals on black back grounds. The less light shinning in your eyes the less you pupils contact the better you can see at night. That gauge cluster is a safety hazard.
Actually, no, it isn't. I've driven with it at night, and it's fine.

It also has LESS lit up area than the factory 2010+ cluster, so clearly Ford is producing "safety hazards" too:

Old 03-29-2011, 09:51 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Yes they do because that is what people want.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
Yes they do because that is what people want.
As well as the fact that it's just not even close to as dangerous as you make it out to be.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

cool to see these have moved forward. going to check out your site and see what V-8 gages you ahve
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Actually, no, it isn't. I've driven with it at night, and it's fine.

It also has LESS lit up area than the factory 2010+ cluster, so clearly Ford is producing "safety hazards" too:

drove one of those 2011 V-6 rentals for 3 days earlier this month. was hardly a safety hazard. the MyColor is pretty cool. The light output can be annoying, but the light output isn't dangerous
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

And MyColor can be adjusted for color (such as red) and there's also a dimmer in the car.
If you're driving through the mountains at night, and you need every bit of night vision possible, it's a 2 second task to shift the cluster color to red and crank the intensity down. I did this on occasion even with the stock gauge face.

Quick Reply: Ford-a-tude gauges installed