Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Default BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?

don't know if this is the correct place for this or not, but the parts i got were appearance related, so thats my reasoning..

anyone have issues with ordering from http://www.bangastang.com

service wise? not part/paint wise..

this may sound petty, but i just want people to do what they say they're going to do.. is that too much to ask?

i ordered a custom painted master cylinder & battery cover from them 4.17.2011 and i got them 5.21.2011 - which yeah, slow, but is acceptable per their lead-time they state.. no problem..

and it DID take a freaking week to ship through FedEx.. geez i f*cking hate FedEx.. UPS ROCKS!!! lol I would pay extra to ship UPS..

the problem was/is when i went to check on my order, i noticed a set of CPC nxt gen hood strut billet covers and had been looking for them, and i had already placed the one order, so i placed another order for the billet strut covers.. i checked my account - no orders showed up, so i sent an e-mail to the service e-mail account showing the 2 order numbers and wanted to confirm that everything was okay.. they replied back asking my name and order numbers to confirm anything.. okkaaayyy.. so i sent that back, they assured me that both orderes were placed no problem, and that they would ship the strut covers together with the custom painted covers when they were done.. okay.. no problem.. it WAS free shipping...

fast forward again to me opening my shippment and pulling out the custom painted covers but no strut covers in the box.. so i replied to the string of e-mails i had previously sent stating that i rec. the one order but not the other order like mentioned below was going to happen (them both ship together) and i get the same crap... asking for my name and order number again.. and i'm like WTF?!?! did you even read the e-mail, all that information is listed below.. come on..

i'm currently waiting for a reply and i assume when they finally ship my strut covers it'll be through FedEx.. SON OF A ......

</rant>

anyone?

Last edited by MeanStang08; 05-24-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Pretty Pricy if you ask me.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by svastano
Pretty Pricy if you ask me.
I think that is part of the problem. I'd be pissed too. I spent some damn good money, take care of me.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

yeah, i agree, quite a bit of money for some painted plastic.. and with me on night shift with very little patience...

i hate to say it, but these covers look killer.. lol
Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

lol.. wow.. 3 e-mails back and forth over as many days for them to come back and tell me they're on back order ?!??!?!

this is my latest reply to them... wow.. i could chew nails in half.. and i honestly can't believe i didn't drop F-bombs every other word down there..

You mean to tell me that after a month…. They’re on back order? Or did you have them at the time I ordered them, but not send it cause you were waiting to combine with this order.. sheesh.. this is pathetic.. I would have paid for shipping.. and then I have to e-mail 3 times to learn this information?!?!?!?! Well, I’ll tell you.. you’ve lost a customer here.. thanks… I am just so mad right now, I’ll stop..

and i'm like 2 licks away from being like an a$$ and plastering this crap on their facebook page..

Last edited by MeanStang08; 05-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

thats totally lame, sorry to hear... not to go off topic but i just ordered the shr rear emblem from silverhorseracing. not until after i placed the order they called me days later to let me know it was on backorder and id get one in 2 weeks when they get more in stock. that would have been nice to show that on your site, or else i wouldnt have ordered it -__- i would have went somewhere else where they have them
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

DOIT! j/k,

Take a breath, knee jerk reactions never get the reaction or outcome you hope/expect.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Hey OP, sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience with them. All the more reason to shop at American Muscle

I ordered a set of pre-painted California Special Side Scoops from Bangastang.com and overall, I was incredibly happy with my experience. The customer service rep I spoke to was very knowledgeable, personable, and helpful. I don't remember how long it took to ship the parts up, but it was too cold outside at the time to bond them on with 3M tape, so I wasn't in a hurry.

While I think their company name is ghetto (which for me at first caused me to lose confidence that I was dealing with a reputable company until speaking to a live rep), my experience with them was great.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

wow.. it gets better...

-------------------
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:00 PM
To: Robb
Subject: Re: one of 2 orders not received

Robb,

When you order was placed we had inventory of the Hood Strut Covers, however you requested that the Hood Strut Covers be sent along with your Battery and Master Cylinder Cover.
By the time your Battery and Master Cylinder Cover was ready we were out of Hood Strut Covers. We will gladly refund you money.

------------------------------------

i received a seperate e-mail from paypal saying my money had been refunded for the strut cover - and i actually saw this e-mail first.. thinking ... what the hell? then read the reply from them.

-----------------------------------

my reply:

No, I didn’t request that they be sent along with the covers.. I had originally asked if you received the orders because they weren’t showing up under my account. BANGASTANG (YOU- whoever) replied back to me stating that they would ship together.. I NEVER requested that they be shipped together, I requested that the orders show up in my account online only.. go back down there and re-read it.. you can see..

And I never asked for a refund either.. too late for that, you’ve already done that.. GREAT SERVICE..

Wow.. I’m thoroughly amazed and confused at this whole cituation, and have never dealt with a company and had this kind of problem before. Especially when spending this kind of money.. you guys might need to take some classes on customer relations and how to run a business in selling.
------------------

unbelievable... i really had been looking for those strut covers for over a year, i have covers on my struts in my trunk.. and this is the first place i've seen have them for the CPC nxt gen struts in the engine bay.. i guess i could just get color matched ones now.. lol i have my money back.. sheesh...
Old 05-25-2011, 06:22 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by jAAAmes
thats totally lame, sorry to hear... not to go off topic but i just ordered the shr rear emblem from silverhorseracing. not until after i placed the order they called me days later to let me know it was on backorder and id get one in 2 weeks when they get more in stock. that would have been nice to show that on your site, or else i wouldnt have ordered it -__- i would have went somewhere else where they have them
yeah.. not the end of the world i guess.. i know exactly what you mean about showing inventory online.. and ordering somewhere else.. i've had that happen before also.. at least they did tell you

Originally Posted by Derf00
DOIT! j/k,

Take a breath, knee jerk reactions never get the reaction or outcome you hope/expect.
yeah.. valid point.. lol i just get so irritated at inetptitude.. and yes, i hate myself everytime i look in the mirror.. ha ha

Originally Posted by Biceps
Hey OP, sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience with them. All the more reason to shop at American Muscle

I ordered a set of pre-painted California Special Side Scoops from Bangastang.com and overall, I was incredibly happy with my experience. The customer service rep I spoke to was very knowledgeable, personable, and helpful. I don't remember how long it took to ship the parts up, but it was too cold outside at the time to bond them on with 3M tape, so I wasn't in a hurry.

While I think their company name is ghetto (which for me at first caused me to lose confidence that I was dealing with a reputable company until speaking to a live rep), my experience with them was great.
thanks.. and yeah, if AM offered these, i would have bought them there, this is the only place i'd seen the covers.. i'll check around again for other sellers... but i probably will just go with color matched ones now..

i realize different people will have different cituations with the company.. some good, some bad.. but i just can't believe all of the repeat problems I personally encountered with them.. (see my latest update)

blah..

thanks guys...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?