Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Well there goes my plan to get the bangastang extended radiator cover....
Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 AM
BangaStang

Default Bangastang Response

Josh Baker,

We have communicated with you via emails and phone calls. After you won our Facebook photo contest you contacted us inquiring about having your prize items painted to match your Screamin Yellow Mustang, you were quoted a discounted price for painting. You informed us that you could not afford the price for painting of the CPC Plenum Cover and Shock Tower Covers. In talking with our GM he told us to paint the parts at our expense. Painting the prize items was not a part of contest just a gesture on our part. Shortly after the contest we moved locations which caused a delay in our production and painting everything was delayed. Based on your post on our Facebook page it was obvious that you could not wait on the items to be painted and we decided to ship out the parts in their stock finish. The move to the our new location caused our painting production to be backlogged.

Jon Buckles,

You place an order for a Carbon Fiber Rood Cover, this part is made upon order as stated on our website. Here's the product detail from the website.

- THE MOST UNIQUE PRODUCT FOR THE '05-'12 MUSTANG
- 2X2 ply Carbon Fiber
- NOTE: CUSTOM MADE UPON ORDER PRODUCTION CAN TAKE 2-4 WEEKS.
- Fits 2005-2012 Mustangs
- Rolled edges for OEM look
- Installs using 3M Epoxy glue (not included)
- NOTE: NOT FOR CARS EQUIPPED WITH SUNROOF.
- SHIPS FREIGHT EMAIL US FOR SHIPPING QUOTE

The Roof Cover was not on Backorder as you posted, but is made upon order. Your
credit card was authorized for the purchase amount but only a deposit was taken.
Once your order ships the balance will be due. This was relied to you in an email.

Many times emails are sent to our Non-Reply email our contact information is posted on our website.

In regards to our Hell Snake Conversion, far more than a few carbon fiber parts were done to the 2010 GT500. Over 35 upgrades were done including a complete repaint that included 4 coats of PPG paint and 6 coats of PPG clear. At the 50th Anniversary Shelby Team Bash in Las Vegas in March the Hell Snake won a 1st Place trophy, the votes came from over 200 participants who are Shelby owners. Many custom parts when into that car.
The Hell Snake has been photographed for an upcoming issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine, you will see what went into the build.

The Hell Snake Conversions start at $22,900 not $26,000. If you visit our website you can see video of the Hell Snake.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
You are lucky you didn't take the plunge.

After seeing all the great pictures/posts on Team Shelby, I decided to order a radiator cover as well.

What a mistake that has been. Ordered and paid in April and it's nearly August and no cover. A reply email, 6 weeks later in mid-June, had Hendrix saying it would be ready 'at the end of the next week'. All other follow ups have been unreturned.

Search of the forums revealed this to be a chronic problem with this vendor.

Tried (for the last time) tonight. After that, it's off to the credit card company to see what can be done to recover my money.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:48 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007GT/CS
You are lucky you didn't take the plunge.

After seeing all the great pictures/posts on Team Shelby, I decided to order a radiator cover as well.

What a mistake that has been. Ordered and paid in April and it's nearly August and no cover. A reply email, 6 weeks later in mid-June, had Hendrix saying it would be ready 'at the end of the next week'. All other follow ups have been unreturned.

Search of the forums revealed this to be a chronic problem with this vendor.

Tried (for the last time) tonight. After that, it's off to the credit card company to see what can be done to recover my money.

I hate Bangastang and Blow By Racing. Worst companies EVER!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:49 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I've dealt with them, their response time seemed a bit slow (email and phone), but in the end they took care of me without too much delay. They've got a few items that are hard to find elsewhere.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I think TruFiber sells radiator covers. CF ones obviously. AM sells color matched ones.

Baker - I am curious what you were supposed to have won.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
I think TruFiber sells radiator covers. CF ones obviously. AM sells color matched ones.

Baker - I am curious what you were supposed to have won.
I won a Carbon fiber 4.6 plenum cover and shock tower covers from Cal-Pony. Took a lot of time and effort to even get them to ship the items. Was pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Hendrix has NO CLUE how to run a business, just how to make bs excuses for their failures/faults.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:24 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
^^Ditto^^ I was going to order one towards the end of the year but not so sure now.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

OK I was 0-2 on my guesses for CF radiator covers/extensions.. however.. http://www.mustangdepot.com/OLC3/Engine/covers.htm $100 cheaper too.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:43 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

7 weeks and counting on my radiator cover....

Quick Reply: BangaStang ? Anyone with issues?