Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

convertible top custom color ? done ? pics !

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Default convertible top custom color ? done ? pics !

anyone done a non oem, custom color convertible top?

maybe to set it off from the body color, i. e. black body, red top.

maybe to somewhat match body color, i. e. white body, white top, or as i'm thinking, torch red w hot rod red stayfast top.

i believe someone must have gone these roads at some point.

pictures please!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 PM
scan1959
1st Gear Member

Hey Ed,

I hang out over at the convertible top forum most of the time since I am a convertible and hydraulic technician 5 days a week.

In answer to your question, Yes, any convertible top repair shop could order a custom color or texture for a upcharge.

Do people do this? No! I can't believe it either.

Haartz (the source for topping used by most convertible top manufacturers) even makes material called "Hot Rod" which makes available hot pink, neon blue, purple and such in cloth for special orders.

Hope this helps.

Scan
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scan1959
Hey Ed,

I hang out over at the convertible top forum most of the time since I am a convertible and hydraulic technician 5 days a week.

In answer to your question, Yes, any convertible top repair shop could order a custom color or texture for a upcharge.

Do people do this? No! I can't believe it either.

Haartz (the source for topping used by most convertible top manufacturers) even makes material called "Hot Rod" which makes available hot pink, neon blue, purple and such in cloth for special orders.

Hope this helps.

Scan

thanks man,
that was a really good pointer for me in a good direction that helped actually in several ways.
first i just didn't know that there was a "convertible top" section, i digged around a bit and found it, will be going through it with time.
second, i just noticed a few days ago my rear defroster not working. what can i say, checked the fuse, checked the relais, but didn't open my eyes for the basic thing until i looked over some of your posts. one of the connector tabs is off, while i would like to blame it on the car wash guys i believe thats a common issue, i'll try to sauder it back on one of these days. i know somewhere in the garage i have that sauder thingy that supposingly heats up rightaway and on the spot only, just need to find it......
there might even be a tsb about thatr issue, either way, thanks again.