Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Two Tone Interior Done Pic Heavy comments welcome

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:19 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJSpags
Tell me a little bit about the seat covers, where did you get take offs? do they just fit over the stock 2005-2009 seats? Really looks clean!
got them from shelby clearance 150 plus 50 shipping. score and yes they fit fine may need to add a little foam to the backseats because they are a little diifferent but they still look good
Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I just did those seat skins myself last weekend. There is a guy on ebay that has them for $275 plus $20 for UPS. Comes with a hog ring kit too. They do fit earlier years. Mine is a 2006 and it now sports 2011 leather. It is by far the best value for the money I have spent on this car. I had a thread if you want the link and more pics.

OP, love the door panels dude. What kind of paint do you use etc? Details man, I need more details. Like you with the new black leather skins, I need more black on the doors myself.
I used Krylon paint for plastic it tuned out well. A tip for anyone who wants to paint their panels wash them with soap and water get all armor all off of them first and use duct tape to line out the inserts I tried regular painters tape at first but it wouldnt stick the duct tape stuck and it peeled back of fine.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Looks good. I was wondering why you used duct tape, makes sense now that you explained it.

I've been trying to think of a way to make my bland parchment interior more visually interesting. I think you've done a great job.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joch8705
I would like details on how you did the doors too. Did you take that fabric off before you painted them?
my inserts arent fabric or vinyl they are plastic just like the rest of the door panel I have read where others have painted their vinyl with vinyl paint
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warpig12354
I need one of those polished bullits...
What did you do curb one of yours?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

Very nice, the black inserts in the doors really does help to break up the swathe of beige. Sorry, parchment. I like the running ponies, but I don't know if I'd've gone smack in the middle with them. Maybe low and toward the back of the arm rest.

Like this. Just my opinion, obviously.

It's strange from most of the pictures it looks like the center section of the seats is a different material than the edges. Like, cloth or suede, while the bolsters look like leather. From just a couple it looks like the same material throughout. Just a trick of the lighting against the grain, or are they different materials?

I will say that all that black upholstery against the parchment is making the interior awfully dark. But, I suppose if you got a killer deal on the covers, trying to do a two-tone is out of the question.

Last edited by Kotobuki; 02-18-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kotobuki
Very nice, the black inserts in the doors really does help to break up the swathe of beige. Sorry, parchment. I like the running ponies, but I don't know if I'd've gone smack in the middle with them. Maybe low and toward the back of the arm rest.

Like this. Just my opinion, obviously.

It's strange from most of the pictures it looks like the center section of the seats is a different material than the edges. Like, cloth or suede, while the bolsters look like leather. From just a couple it looks like the same material throughout. Just a trick of the lighting against the grain, or are they different materials?

I will say that all that black upholstery against the parchment is making the interior awfully dark. But, I suppose if you got a killer deal on the covers, trying to do a two-tone is out of the question.

I thought about the placement of the pony a good bit i was actually considering moving them more toward the front kind of opposite to what you suggested but I decided I would go with the placement of how they were on the 69-70 door panel perfectly centered. and the seat skins are different material the outer part is vinyl and the middle is true leather donno why they didnt use leather for the whole thing Ford being cheap I guess but yes I got a super good deal on the take of skins not exactly what I would idealy want to go with the two tone look but its 10 times better than my old stained cloth seats. Ideally I would want my seats to be two toned like the California Speacial seats (pic shown below)but katsinz would cost around 600 bucks where as the skins I bought was only 200 and I live paycheck to paycheck and work overtime to do ant mods so I went the more affordable route and am happy with the results.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
I thought about the placement of the pony a good bit i was actually considering moving them more toward the front kind of opposite to what you suggested but I decided I would go with the placement of how they were on the 69-70 door panel perfectly centered. and the seat skins are different material the outer part is vinyl and the middle is true leather donno why they didnt use leather for the whole thing Ford being cheap I guess but yes I got a super good deal on the take of skins not exactly what I would idealy want to go with the two tone look but its 10 times better than my old stained cloth seats. Ideally I would want my seats to be two toned like the California Speacial seats (pic shown below)but katsinz would cost around 600 bucks where as the skins I bought was only 200 and I live paycheck to paycheck and work overtime to do ant mods so I went the more affordable route and am happy with the results.

I would love some cali special seats but I think I'm.just gonna do all black like you and restitch them in blue if that's possible. I have the grey interior and want to do two tone as well
Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
Nice job. I like the ponies on the doors but I think the ones on the headrests are a bit too much. Still very nicely done.
That is actually one of the things I liked the most
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

in b4 how do I get my wife's hair untangled from the pony emblem thread.

Last edited by pinn; 02-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Two Tone Interior Done Pic Heavy comments welcome