Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Front bumper cover opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Ant-Man
1st Gear Member

Default Front bumper cover opinions.

Alright so I got a lot of appearance mods on their way, should be here next week. Wheels, lights, license frames, tints, blackout panel and a car cover to be exact. Anyways I'm still looking to spoil my girl and was looking at some front bumper covers, the current one was actually pretty screwed up near the plate holes, so I am keeping a plate up there for now, but wanted to change it, but yet another problem emerges-- I don't like the stock v6 front enough to get just a replacement.

My girl's a 05 v6

So after looking around a bit I came up with these two styles(updated):

California Special GT Front Bumper Cover (fits v6)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/cs-gt-...over-0509.html

and

Street Scene gen 1 body kit:

Last edited by Ant-Man; 09-26-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

When I put the V6 fog lights on my '07, it took maybe 15-30 minutes to do. Running the fog light wiring was a pretty simple thing to do. After we made a custom bracket for my horn, we connected the wires to the fog lights and grounded it. Then took the cover off the inside of the driver wheel well and ran the wire. Hardest part was making the horn bracket. It's a very simple thing to do.

As far as the front bumper goes, I would 100% say get the Roush front. Everywhere around here I always see GT's and V6's with the GT front. There is only one Roush in my area, at least the only one that I have seen. I'm actually saving up to buy the front bumper myself.

All depends on what you like though.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I personally don't like the ROUSH, so here is what I did....

Name:  2012-07-22_09-57-51_320.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  120.5 KB

CS front, Raceskinz carbon fiber inlay, with Agent 47 brake ducts, and GT500 splitter.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ant-Man
Alright so I got a lot of appearance mods on their way, should be here next week. Wheels, lights, license frames, tints, blackout panel and a car cover to be exact. Anyways I'm still looking to spoil my girl and was looking at some front bumper covers, the current one was actually pretty screwed up near the plate holes, so I am keeping a plate up there for now, but wanted to change it, but yet another problem emerges-- I don't like the stock v6 front enough to get just a replacement.

So after looking around a bit I came up with these two style:

California Special GT Front Bumper Cover (fits v6)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...scia-0509.html

and

Roush Front Fascia (fits v6)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/cs-gt-...over-0509.html

To be honest right now it's not really a question of which one I'd prefer, but rather it's more along the lines of: "Do I want a 'good' looking cover for $400 + painting? Or do I want a bad-*** looking cover, but I'll need to get a lot of work done and will cost a min of $1,000 before painting and getting everything installed?"

I have a 2005 v6, no pony or anything but fog configuration isn't really that hard to install, right? Again I'm not really a car guy but more of a computer guy, I just want her to look nice.
Ant-Man,

It sounds like your Sixxer is definitely pretty nasty so far. Post up some pictures of your car we'd love to check it out! The only thing I don't care for too much on the V6 is the front bumper. So when changing it I don't think you can go wrong with the GT/CS or the Roush will both look sick. I'm confident they'll both look really nice.

This is just my opinion let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Go with the California Special look, to me the Roush front bumper does not flow as well. There are a lot of kits out there to get the GT lights on your v6, I personally like the look of the two lights in the center of the grille shell but I am a little bias
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I personally like the C/S more, but that's just me. It's subtle and enthusiasts and yourself will appreciate it, but the general public won't notice. The Roush stands out to everyone, and is borderline gawdy :/
Old 09-21-2012, 01:33 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Make that another vote for the California Special bumper. I personally like the simple, but clean look as well. Although the Roush bumper is still very nice, I just like the GT/CS style.

Good luck with your decision!

Shane
Old 09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Here's another option...again I am a little bias, there are so many options out there though that look awesome!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Ant-Man
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJSpags

Here's another option...again I am a little bias, there are so many options out there though that look awesome!
I have to admit that looks really nice as well. Updated the OP taking out the roush.

Also how easy was it to install, I see it was specifically made for the v6 so it would be just like taking off the stock and putting it back on?

Last edited by Ant-Man; 09-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Super easy, I had mine switch out in 45 minutes. The best part of all these bumper covers is that they are made of urethane, meaning if you accidentally hit a curb or anything it just pops back into place. I pulled up this morning to a local 7-11 and accidentally bumped the parking stop, while I did freak out for a second I just rolled my car back and it was perfect.

Quick Reply: Front bumper cover opinions.