Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

CS/GT front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ant-Man
My local dealer quoted me something like $350 for the front and another $350-399 for the back, can't remember exactly but I guessed it's just because of where we live(no sales tax/small town). Although I love the idea of no freight charges AND if there's any damage it's not gonna take a month to get it resolved.

But yea man don't forget to post pics.
Give a call to McKenzie or Greshem Ford for a price quote. You should be able to get one for about what I paid there. At least, like AK, you don't have a sales tax to pay. Good deal from a small dealer in a small town though. Bumper is out for paint right now, and when it gets back, I'll post some pics up.

Last edited by akdoggie; 02-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Don't be like me, and forget to order the front inner splash shields for the GT's. I looked at the stuff today and realized that they don't come in the kit. Make sense. I wasn't thinking. Anyways, you will need both right and left inner front splash shields, when you put this front fascia on. You should also use the air deflector under the new front bumper and mount kit (mounting bolts and nuts?). I didn't see that, but the Ford number is 5R3Z-17626-BA.

I ordered those today from Rock Auto and got both, shipped to AK for 27.00 total. They were 23.00 from the dealer (per side). The numbers are: 5R3Z-16102-BA and 5R3Z-16103-BA.

They were less than 6.00 each and the frt made the difference. Cheap way to make sure that everythng is protected and cleanly done. I saw where guys built their own panels to fill the small opening that the v6 to GT fascia's create. I don't see how you'd even think of making these when they are so damn cheap. JMO
Old 03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

so you put on a GT/CS front and rear...on a 4.0...in AK? Have pics?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
so you put on a GT/CS front and rear...on a 4.0...in AK? Have pics?
Got the bumper back last week from the body shop, pulled the old front end off. I haven't put on the CSGT frt yet, but will this week. I messed up my sciatic nerve so I haven't been doing much the last few days. I will post up the pics soon.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 AM
vossen wheels
Former Sponsor

Can't wait to see it! The GT/CS kit looks so good, just a nice OEM+ look! Hope you feel better soon to get the work done!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

i love vossen wheels (and wish I could afford them) and am not picking on ya, but the GT/CS "kit" is not a kit...It would be the same as calling the 1984 crown VIC trunk that I put on my S197 a LTD kit...It's a part from another car that seems to work...Like putting cobra badges on a v6...to each their own, but...As the op I'd be worried about the low clearance, especially in AK where I heard it snows from time to time...

also, op, from your sig...what is this and have pics?.." billit underhood w/painted v/c"
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
i love vossen wheels (and wish I could afford them) and am not picking on ya, but the GT/CS "kit" is not a kit...It would be the same as calling the 1984 crown VIC trunk that I put on my S197 a LTD kit...It's a part from another car that seems to work...Like putting cobra badges on a v6...to each their own, but...As the op I'd be worried about the low clearance, especially in AK where I heard it snows from time to time...

also, op, from your sig...what is this and have pics?.." billit underhood w/painted v/c"
Ford calls this particular part, 6R3Z-6320049-AA a Bumper Kit. It is listed on the box and in the Ford catalog as a Bumper Kit upgrade for ALL Mustangs, 2005-09 for the CS/GT look.

Funny thing is, although it is listed as a kit, and does come kit like, a true kit would have the splash shields, lower radiator panel and the bumper absorber cushion included with all the mounting hardware. I would call that a kit. lol
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

The more things change, the more they stay the same....a California Special is NOT a super collectible special edition, it just isn't...no matter how much one wants to believe it is! If so, it would not still be for sale, just saying...
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for sympathy Vosson. I appreciate it. I am going to start tomorrow putting on the fascia. I actually removed the old one today, but I started hurting so I stopped until tomorrow.

Gothamens. I just wanted a different look from my v6 front end, that I could afford. Freight to Alaska is absolutely ridiculous so choices are limited. That box I got from Ford would of been over $300 for freight if I had bought from it anywhere else. It is rare to find anyone who will ship free to AK or even cover some of the freight. I priced a hood recently and the freight was $615 from outside LA to Anchorage. Not even to my town. I'd have to drive 50 miles each way to pick it up. That's why I went with a CS/GT front fascia. Besides, they look good and don't cost a fortune. Gives it a little more look, for not a lot of buck. Besides, it's just a v6, but it's my toy (aka my moneypit). lol
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Thanks for sympathy Vosson. I appreciate it. I am going to start tomorrow putting on the fascia. I actually removed the old one today, but I started hurting so I stopped until tomorrow.

Gothamens. I just wanted a different look from my v6 front end, that I could afford. Freight to Alaska is absolutely ridiculous so choices are limited. That box I got from Ford would of been over $300 for freight if I had bought from it anywhere else. It is rare to find anyone who will ship free to AK or even cover some of the freight. I priced a hood recently and the freight was $615 from outside LA to Anchorage. Not even to my town. I'd have to drive 50 miles each way to pick it up. That's why I went with a CS/GT front fascia. Besides, they look good and don't cost a fortune. Gives it a little more look, for not a lot of buck. Besides, it's just a v6, but it's my toy (aka my moneypit). lol
No, no...I'm with you! My comment was directed at the members here who own "REAL" California Specials, and get their panties in a bunch when other members start putting CS parts on their GT! I put a CS nose on my GT, and got the same heat for doing so. I also installed a Raceskinz carbon fiber center overlay, as well as a GT500 front splitter, my front end looks killer!

Quick Reply: CS/GT front bumper