Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

A New Stealth Look...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:38 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Chrome wheels? Naaaaaaaah, millennial up in here with my non chrome wheels.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by akiba17
Chrome wheels? Naaaaaaaah, millennial up in here with my non chrome wheels.
+1

Don't forget guys, when chrome wheels first came out, there were probably people who thought they looked bad and flashy. It is the way of the world, tastes change from generation to generation.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Warthog5
1st Gear Member

Another thought about wheels in general. Wheels with large / Open holes = Good.

Wheels with skinny slots / many narrow holes or fake rivits = Bad.

Not really bad.....It High maintenance.

It's a LOT harder and time consuming to clean holes/slots that you can't get your hand in and those Fake rivits give a lot of surface area for Brake dust to cling to.

Just another thing I look for.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
When I get tired of it I'll go back to what it was before. Takes me 40 minutes to go back to original state... I like it both ways, this way it just looks a little more unique I think. It's a love it or hate it look. It's not like the car is damaged haha.

Everyone has seen this look before...

But, this look is totally Badassed like a Cobra Jet

Name:  image_zps5d6dc85c.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  41.9 KB

You did a great job with the Mat finish...It looked more reminiscent of the Cobra Jet Race cars. In fact With that Matt finish on the car you could also have went further and experimented with some detailed linework or pinstriping on the body.

Like someone else said... it is your car. Self expression sets it apart from all the rest. How many Black Shelby's are there out there? Shelby wannabe's and just Black mustangs with the same markings? Tons.

So to take it to the level you did is very cool. It turns heads and becomes the car that people stop at and check out because its different and done tastefully. Going Mat finish is going to take off and likely become the next custom detail that everyone is going to want. Besides this finish in the end also protects the main investment underneath it. The factory paint is what will retain the value of the vehicle should you decide to resell it. And I'll tell you .. personally if I were shopping around and you had before and after pics of your car I would prefer it knowing you went the extra mile to protect that investment. And if I feel like it...I can remove the layer over the factory paint and I'm good to go.

Old school thinking never warms up to modern and forward thinking.

Thank you for sharing your awesome swagger...and kudos on the Shelby GT 500 wrapped in Cobra Jet attire. Well Done.

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 11-27-2013 at 08:34 AM.