Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY! installed JLTII/Sct2

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FINALLY! installed JLTII/Sct2

ORIGINAL: RyanAcosta

Where can I get one of these "Evolution" tunes?? they sound awesome... right now im just using the tune that came with the FRPP Drag Pack and I'm sure there is much they can improve on.
Check out the link in Fred's posts or click on the link on the front page/sponsor list.

Not too sound like I'm pushing this too much but Fred from Evolution just called me and helped "iron out" some of the throttle lag I was still feeling...after he walked me through a couple of procedures over the phone I took the car out for a "drive it like ya stole it" run.................Sh*t!!! It runs even better now...lag is gone and I couldn't stop smiling! Regardless of who's your favorite or what pro shop you swear by, that's good customer service. But hey...to each is own, as long as everybody's cruising wiht a grin on their face!

I just bought a new digi video camera and we'll be posting some vids soon...just for the heII of it....

Peace

Old 03-09-2006, 01:34 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

I'm still waiting to install my new Tunable Induction CAI, SCTII with 93 tune, MAC Mufflers and hood struts, damn Chicago weather!!!!!!!

It's supposed to be 60f and rainy this Saturday, so I'm going to try and install it in my garage and hopefully drive it if it dries out..
Old 03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

The hesitation that your experiencing is related to recalibration of the "Fly by wire" throttle input to the cars computer.

The procedure:

- Turn your key to the ON position (not just ACC), wait for the various dash warning lights to go out - but do NOT start the car.

- Press your throttle all the way down in one smooth motion - just do it at a normal speed (take about 2-3 seconds to hit bottom).

- Let it up, as soon as you hit the bottom.

- Turn off your ignition and wait 3-4 seconds.

- Start the engine up normally and drive.

May have to repeat 3 times for the Computer Training to complete
this procedure trains the throttle variable switch to the throttle body servo motor.
May need to be redone everytime you flash the PCM.

My GT is going in the shop on 3/14/06 to have Saleen UDP's (bought used for $100) and 3.73's installed. I'll have to wait until 6/18 to put her on the Dyno for the last super tune.
(I hope)

The GT runs like a bat of hell when everything is right. You should try to get the A/F reading the same numbers across the entire RPM range (mid 12's). My experience has been 4000RPM and below is no problem, getting the A/F to the mid 12's from 4000RPM to 6800RPM can be challenging.

Have fun
Old 03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

ORIGINAL: LarryS

ORIGINAL: Rezalien

Larrys, good to know...so did you lose the aggressive feel of the Evolution tune?

I'm good with it the way it is, at least for now...wanted something as aggressive as possible without risking anything

No agressive feeling lost with the SCT tune. I think all the tunes come from SCT. These files are very complex and I highly doubt all these small dealers are making up these files. I have the Pro Racers package.

Unfortunately for me neither file got me better et in the 1/4 even with lightening fast, aggressive shifts. However, maybe it was conditions or something beyond my knowledge. I ran low 13.4's with all three bin files.
Actually Larry the dealers write their own tunes! The files aren't that complex, after tuning over 300 S197's on my dyno and god knows how many 05/06 V6's, Cobra's, Older GT's and even Two Ford GT Supercars, the system is actually pretty easy. The two main keys to tuning with SCT is to Data Log every parameter using SCT Live Link and using a very good Wideband to monitor the Air Fuel Ratio!

I suggest you making a pass at the track, while datalogging every parameter using SCT Live Link and go out and buy an AEM Wideband connect it to the laptop and datalog the A/F! Save the Data Log files, e-mail it to me and I’ll show you how to tune!
Fred, You are saying I have to buy a wide band and do a lot of testing to get this thing right? I thought that's why I was paying for your programming so I wouldn't have to do all the testing myself. You asked me what mods I had and I told you. Then you sent me programming that was suppose to be optimum for my car. No mention was made that I need a wide band and perform tests. The file that you sold me you were willing to bet me I would see a 12 after having ran a 13.42 with my factory tune file. Maybe I did something wrong but the air was actually slightly better on the night I tested with yours and SCT's file, I held traction as best I could tell as my 60' times were almost identical and I nailed the throttle on every pass the same. I did have a couple more gallons of fuel on the passes with yours and SCT files so the car was slightly heavier. You almost can't go too wrong with an automatic as long as you are holding traction particularly with my experience racing automatics.

Here are the best of my passes with each tune. Stock tune pass 13.42 @ 101.80 mph, 2.011 60', your file 13.41 @ 100.94 mph, 2.039 60', and SCT 13.44 @ 101.01 mph, 2.049 60'.

I did not say you do not know how to tune. I said I doubt all these small dealers make up their own files. Some don't even have dynos like you do.

And Fred, I'm still waiting since 2/20/06 for the file changes I asked for via email and by phone. Your service after the sale hasn't been what it has been for others. Sorry if I have made you mad but I've only reported the truth.

As others have said, the car feels mean with these super fast shifts. But my 1/4 mile passes do not indicate any ET gains.

Perhaps I need an intake for this car to respond like it should to your tuning? I have the factory intake/air filter.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

ORIGINAL: Rezalien

Larrys, good to know...so did you lose the aggressive feel of the Evolution tune?

I'm good with it the way it is, at least for now...wanted something as aggressive as possible without risking anything

No agressive feeling lost with the SCT tune. I think all the tunes come from SCT. These files are very complex and I highly doubt all these small dealers are making up these files. I have the Pro Racers package.

Unfortunately for me neither file got me better et in the 1/4 even with lightening fast, aggressive shifts. However, maybe it was conditions or something beyond my knowledge. I ran low 13.4's with all three bin files.
Actually Larry the dealers write their own tunes! The files aren't that complex, after tuning over 300 S197's on my dyno and god knows how many 05/06 V6's, Cobra's, Older GT's and even Two Ford GT Supercars, the system is actually pretty easy. The two main keys to tuning with SCT is to Data Log every parameter using SCT Live Link and using a very good Wideband to monitor the Air Fuel Ratio!

I suggest you making a pass at the track, while datalogging every parameter using SCT Live Link and go out and buy an AEM Wideband connect it to the laptop and datalog the A/F! Save the Data Log files, e-mail it to me and I’ll show you how to tune!
Fred, You are saying I have to buy a wide band and do a lot of testing to get this thing right? I thought that's why I was paying for your programming so I wouldn't have to do all the testing myself. You asked me what mods I had and I told you. Then you sent me programming that was suppose to be optimum for my car. No mention was made that I need a wide band and perform tests. The file that you sold me you were willing to bet me I would see a 12 after having ran a 13.42 with my factory tune file. Maybe I did something wrong but the air was actually slightly better on the night I tested with yours and SCT's file, I held traction as best I could tell as my 60' times were almost identical and I nailed the throttle on every pass the same. I did have a couple more gallons of fuel on the passes with yours and SCT files so the car was slightly heavier. You almost can't go too wrong with an automatic as long as you are holding traction particularly with my experience racing automatics.

Here are the best of my passes with each tune. Stock tune pass 13.42 @ 101.80 mph, 2.011 60', your file 13.41 @ 100.94 mph, 2.039 60', and SCT 13.44 @ 101.01 mph, 2.049 60'.

I did not say you do not know how to tune. I said I doubt all these small dealers make up their own files. Some don't even have dynos like you do.

And Fred, I'm still waiting since 2/20/06 for the file changes I asked for via email and by phone. Your service after the sale hasn't been what it has been for others. Sorry if I have made you mad but I've only reported the truth.

As others have said, the car feels mean with these super fast shifts. But my 1/4 mile passes do not indicate any ET gains.

Perhaps I need an intake for this car to respond like it should to your tuning? I have the factory intake/air filter.
Larry, that's right I forgot you're running the stock CAI, you need to get one ASAP!!! Give me a call I'll hook you up with one!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT John

The hesitation that your experiencing is related to recalibration of the "Fly by wire" throttle input to the cars computer.

The procedure:

- Turn your key to the ON position (not just ACC), wait for the various dash warning lights to go out - but do NOT start the car.

- Press your throttle all the way down in one smooth motion - just do it at a normal speed (take about 2-3 seconds to hit bottom).

- Let it up, as soon as you hit the bottom.

- Turn off your ignition and wait 3-4 seconds.

- Start the engine up normally and drive.

May have to repeat 3 times for the Computer Training to complete
this procedure trains the throttle variable switch to the throttle body servo motor.
May need to be redone everytime you flash the PCM.

Have fun
This is the exact same procedure used on my Hemi Durango drive-by-wire throttle. It made a world of difference in the durangos throttle reponse. I've been wondering if there was a calibration procedure on the mustang.