Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think we have a winner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I think we have a winner...

Hey friend, too many late nights thinking about what you want to do. (lol) Those corner caps are the worst I could imagine. Overall profile is nice but that product is awful; do run away as fast as you can (lol). If I had time, I'd fab a set of metal corner sections that would weld on (NO SEAMS) and GT enthusiasts would be scratching their heads; no funny tabs that stick out; no adhesive. No problem welding, on a new GT, been there and ain't scared no more (lol). You know me; I hate extra seams. Be nice if a company offered steel end caps as an option for the purist fab guys out there. ...later C.

...Jim
Old 03-21-2006, 08:30 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well, it was more of the fact that they actually made a decklid replacement with the ducktail scoop shape built in (like the old Shelbys). I wasn't really eyeing the tacked on corner pieces....which I've never really liked on any of the other kits out there (hence the reason I haven't gotten one yet). But I don't know, still trying to decide....and I'm willing to entertain any possibilites at this moment. lol

Anyone reading this for spoiler info should go to the new sticky at the head of the 05/06 section. All the products I've come across so far are in there. If you have an aftermarket spoiler on your car already, go to the sticky and post some pics of it from different angles so poor, indecisive saps like myself can make an informed decision.[8D]

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:55 AM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Did you ever make your decision? LOL. I personally am saving for the Roush Complete Body Kit!! Can't wait.
-E
Old 03-25-2006, 03:35 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EJD05GT

Did you ever make your decision? LOL. I personally am saving for the Roush Complete Body Kit!! Can't wait.
-E
Ehh, yea.......made up my mind on the hood. But I'm on a roller coaster with this ducktail issue. lol. Now I'm back to maybe doing the CDC or Streetscene. I had to rule out the Roush because it won't look right without the Roush rear facia (and consequently....Roush exhaust). I don't think I'm gonna go with the Cervini kit either because the spoiler is simply toooo tall. It looks good from the front and sides.........but from the back it looks too warped and big for what I'm going for. I made the sticky for the 05/06 spoiler kits hoping I'd get some good posted pics from forum members that have them........so I'll have to wait and see.
BTW that Roush kit looks really good on just about every car I see it on. I like the lines of it.....and the fact that it doesn't look overdone. Good choice. Be sure to post some pics when it's done.